Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist Opening Hours

Options
  • 17-09-2011 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the regular working week is for a dentist?

I'm in pain the last few days and now decided I need a trip to the dentist to find out what the problem is. However as it'll be a Saturday I'm wondering is there any dentists that open on a Saturday. I have a medical card and last time I was in the dentists they told me I needed 6 fillings but couldnt do them because of the HSE changes coming in. I've read through the thread and now know I'm covered for two. And probably get another two done in January.

I'm in Dublin 1 and the dentist I'm probably going to try is on O Connell street. It's been recommend to me and I know I can't name any places because of spam so just wondering if anyone can tell me of a Saturday dentist. The pain is too much now and gonna go up tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Xpsgamer

DubDJ wrote: »
    Anyone know what the regular working week is for a dentist?

I'm in pain the last few days and now decided I need a trip to the dentist to find out what the problem is. However as it'll be a Saturday I'm wondering is there any dentists that open on a Saturday. I have a medical card and last time I was in the dentists they told me I needed 6 fillings but couldnt do them because of the HSE changes coming in. I've read through the thread and now know I'm covered for two. And probably get another two done in January.

I'm in Dublin 1 and the dentist I'm probably going to try is on O Connell street. It's been recommend to me and I know I can't name any places because of spam so just wondering if anyone can tell me of a Saturday dentist. The pain is too much now and gonna go up tomorrow morning.

Thanks

10 - 5pm usually? though they break for lunch at tooth hurty :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Thanks for the quick and frankly very late reply :D (Late as in 6am... Or this that early? Haha)

Anyway I just came across their website their and the branch on o Connell street states 10am - 6pm so I'm hopefully they'll fit me in for an appointment tomorrow. Or it'll be a few more sleepless and painful nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Same boat here tomorrow, OH in D1 wants a dentist tomorrow for immediate extraction as the monday appointment seems too far away. I know there's one up from the garden of remembrance (don't know street's name) and one on dorset street and I think one of them might be open tomorrow too....just make sure to leave enough time for my OH to get seen please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Xpsgamer

Thanks for the quick and frankly very late reply :D (Late as in 6am... Or this that early? Haha)

Anyway I just came across their website their and the branch on o Connell street states 10am - 6pm so I'm hopefully they'll fit me in for an appointment tomorrow. Or it'll be a few more sleepless and painful nights.

Dear god man fire a whisky and solpadeine down your neck!

Sunshine! wrote: »
    Same boat here tomorrow, OH in D1 wants a dentist tomorrow for immediate extraction as the monday appointment seems too far away. I know there's one up from the garden of remembrance (don't know street's name) and one on dorset street and I think one of them might be open tomorrow too....just make sure to leave enough time for my OH to get seen please :D

Just across from the GPO there's one. If you do a quick google search of o Connell street dentist you'll find their website which lists costs and opening times. I was just happy to see Saturday opening :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Just across from the GPO there's one. If you do a quick google search of o Connell street dentist you'll find their website which lists costs and opening times. I was just happy to see Saturday opening :D

They also open on Sundays, so quite handy for an emergency

They also open on Sundays, so quite handy for an emergency

Yeah don't know why but I always thought dentists worked on a Monday to Friday work week. It's very handy having a dentist that opens most days of the year and good hours as well. I woulda thought they finished around 5 every day at the latest.

Advertisement