Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faith Healer

Options
  • 17-09-2011 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I saw something on another thread about a faith healer called Danny Gallagher who lives in Co 'Derry. Has anyone heard anything about him? Or does anyone know of any others who actually work?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

I don't know of any that actually work...it's just a bunch of pseudoscience and people out looking to make money off people at their most vulnerable....it's quite disgusting imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

All hocus pocus imho.

But then others swear by it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

probably the same people who swear they have angels in their hair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

A guy I know has the gift to heal warts, he dosent charge, he dosent advertise and you are not even allowed to thank him afterwards. He only goes on word of mouth and wouldent tell you about it unless you ask him.
    My cousin suffered badly from warts for years and had them burned off loads of times, my wife introduced her to this guy and he called to our house the next day, did his thing in private and left. Her warts were gone in 2 weeks and have never returned in 10 years.
    You might call it hocus pocus but if I ever get a wart I know where I will be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The chemist?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

A guy I know has the gift to heal warts, he dosent charge, he dosent advertise and you are not even allowed to thank him afterwards. He only goes on word of mouth and wouldent tell you about it unless you ask him.
    My cousin suffered badly from warts for years and had them burned off loads of times, my wife introduced her to this guy and he called to our house the next day, did his thing in private and left. Her warts were gone in 2 weeks and have never returned in 10 years.
    You might call it hocus pocus but if I ever get a wart I know where I will be going.

What exactly does he do to cure the warts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

When I was about 7, my grandad dragged me up a field and rubbed a snail on my warts, with me screaming blue murder. They disappeared and never came back, but I suspect it was mind over matter. I reckon if you believe in these things, they work.

irishpal25 wrote: »
    What exactly does he do to cure the warts?
    I dont know, you dont ask him about it and you dont ask the person who gets it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 absoluteonetwo

I dont know, you dont ask him about it and you dont ask the person who gets it done.

And yet he relys on word of mouth?

And yet he relys on word of mouth?

Word of mouth he can do it not about what he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I had warts cured when I was a child. The man who had the cure, took me into the garden and had me pick the same amount of rushes as I had warts, ie, I had eight warts so I picked eight rushes. As far as I remember he kind of tied the rushes around the warts, said some prayers, we left, and he buried the rushes in the garden. A few weeks later and all the warts disappeared, and have never returned.

I do remember we weren't allowed say 'thank you', nor could we give him money.

I don't think it's far to say that if you believe in something then it will work, I was six years of age and hadn't a clue about believing in a healer!

It worked for me and many others who I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

My aunt has a cure for warts but doesn't practise it any more since dementia set in. Nobody, and I mean nobody knows her secret except her eldest daughter who will "inherit the gift".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

"the cure" is harmless, if i had an aliment that medicine/doctors couldn't help with and i heard someone has "the cure", i would probably go myself, no harm in that.

Mediums, Psychics, Fortune Tellers and people claiming to be "healer" are pure bulls*it artists who pray on the stupid for their own financial gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Had a couple of fairly big warts mysterily vanish after a trip to the friary over in Rossnowlagh a long number of years ago. No faith healer involved as such and it merely entailed blessing the warts with water that was in a big stone.

I also recall one of the kids having croup (seriously bad) some years ago. Tried everything the doctor and chemist could provide but to no avail. Got to hear about a woman outside of Enniskillen and took the child to her and he never looked back after it as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

I know of a woman in Killybegs who has the cure for Shingles. My sister had to visit her and was cured.

There is a woman in Bruckless who has a cure for ringworm

Advertisement