Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Hellfire Trip

Options
  • 17-09-2011 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone fancy a trip up to the Hellfire club as a boards group next week? Say Wednesday night (midweek to keep away from all the scrotes).

Dogging optional but not if its a saussage fest Im not getting involved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Riamfada wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a trip up to the Hellfire club as a boards group next week? Say Wednesday night (midweek to keep away from all the scrotes).

Dogging optional but not if its a saussage fest Im not getting involved.

Is this a day time proposal or a "scare the utter bejasus outa ya" night time proposal?!?

EDIT: Apologies, I see you mentioned Wednesday Night...

Anyone got a deck of cards?!? :D:D:D

174758.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Damn, Wednesday I think might be out for me. Have heard a lot about the site and curious to pay it a visit, will let you know if I'm able to attend.

Due to broken tailbone doubt I'll be dogging with the OH though!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Love to go but as always a bit far for me. Last time i was up there I had to race up that hill twice. By the sounds of it this trip will be similar... Sausage fest, eh?

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    Love to go but as always a bit far for me. Last time i was up there I had to race up that hill twice. By the sounds of it this trip will be similar... Sausage fest, eh?

Straight up the hill is a killer, you'd be bolloxed by the time ye get up that way!

174760.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Straight up the hill is a killer, you'd be bolloxed by the time ye get up that way!
    I know. Thats the duathlon course I did.

There is a tour that starts off from Dublin City (or at least there was until recently!), a few times I was up here walking and next thing a group of 30-40 odd people will show up with a tour guide.

Edit: Found the link...

http://www.hiddendublinwalks.com/ghost-tour-dublin.php

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I'd rather go up with a boards gang for free rather than pay 23 quid but then again if you all turn out to be mental cases it would be handy to have a few norms up there.

• Advertisement

How's this gig progressing?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Riamfada wrote: »
    I'd rather go up with a boards gang for free rather than pay 23 quid but then again if you all turn out to be mental cases it would be handy to have a few norms up there.
    Well if I go, I'll leave my sacrificial knife and pentagram medallion at home then yeah? :D

I thought there would be a great demand for this little after dark excursion, the HFC seems to generate regular threads on the site enquiring about the building and where to find it, is it haunted, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I'd love to go, only living round the corner, so can shoot home if I get too scared!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Count me in.

When we doin' this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 inishfreeu2

hey folks was up there about a month ago and got a few spikes on the k2 and a few strange noises as well, great place untill a few lads arrived in cars and we like muppets walking up to it, what,great place to do some ghost hunting...

Weather is looking good at the moment for this little ghost walk if anyone is up for it... It's the kind of weather that brings the satanists up to the house at night hehe!

Weather is looking good at the moment for this little ghost walk if anyone is up for it... It's the kind of weather that brings the satanists up to the house at night hehe!
    Ah sure who's not in the mood for a blood orgy on a day like today? :D

Elrollo wrote: »
    Ah sure who's not in the mood for a blood orgy on a day like today? :D

Was this first mooted at a night time ghost type wander up to the house?!? Have to say, love walking up there during the day but the place would put the heebie sheebies on you at night, don't know what it is about the place, but scary place after dark!

• Advertisement

Was this first mooted at a night time ghost type wander up to the house?!? Have to say, love walking up there during the day but the place would put the heebie sheebies on you at night, don't know what it is about the place, but scary place after dark!
    Possibly because of the actual name of the place, at night, in a place called the Hellfire Club? That name has two things in it that put me under a bit of stress, 'Hell' and 'Club' :p

Elrollo wrote: »
    Possibly because of the actual name of the place, at night, in a place called the Hellfire Club? That name has two things in it that put me under a bit of stress, 'Hell' and 'Club' :p

I think it's all the old stories associated with the house and the walk up to it, the house itself at night is a foreboding and strange place to even be standing outside. I've been up here more times than I've had hot dinners but still I wouldn't really be too fond of going into the house on my own after dark, it's a strange place like that... Even standing outside the house, you get a strange feeling, almost like you are being watched. Stories have been going about for years about rituals in the house and stuff, black masses, etc. It's the kind of place I'd love to be able to get the walls to talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

DAMN YOU ALL!!!!! the one time I have a back injury you all go up:mad: maybe next time:pac:

I think it's all the old stories associated with the house and the walk up to it, the house itself at night is a foreboding and strange place to even be standing outside. I've been up here more times than I've had hot dinners but still I wouldn't really be too fond of going into the house on my own after dark, it's a strange place like that... Even standing outside the house, you get a strange feeling, almost like you are being watched. Stories have been going about for years about rituals in the house and stuff, black masses, etc. It's the kind of place I'd love to be able to get the walls to talk.
    Mad, I've a huge interest too, been reading a bits a pieces on the place and its history and its massively intriguing to say the least :D, I'd love to pop up myself but if I were on my own I'd be a bit too much of a wimp to go near the place itself, which is why a group effort appeals to me an awful lot!

hey folks was up there about a month ago and got a few spikes on the k2 and a few strange noises as well, great place untill a few lads arrived in cars and we like muppets walking up to it, what,great place to do some ghost hunting...

You do know that that K2 was a prop prop that was used for a TV show because it looked good but doesnt actually find ghosts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

You do know that that K2 was a prop prop that was used for a TV show because it looked good but doesnt actually find ghosts.

A bit like the things scientologists use then?

DAMN YOU ALL!!!!! the one time I have a back injury you all go up:mad: maybe next time:pac:

We could bring it to ye on a podcast lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

We could bring it to ye on a podcast lol!

It wouldnt be the same haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

where is this place and whats its story

Advertisement