Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Hellfire Trip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Did ye end up going up here then. I was up there before and didnt get any bad vibes or spooky feelings...My horse did get freaked out alrite but not to sure was that me or the place

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Okay well how about this.
    • Who here can drive
    • Who here is free 10pm mid week?

Ill arrange a day and we can meet in the Merry Ploughboy and drive from there. Ill give a few lifts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

mrmorgan wrote: »
    where is this place and whats its story

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montpelier_Hill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Riamfada wrote: »
    Okay well how about this.
    • Who here can drive
    • Who here is free 10pm mid week?

Ill arrange a day and we can meet in the Merry Ploughboy and drive from there. Ill give a few lifts.

ya know ... i think i might actually be in for this.... always like the hellfire club... scary but cool.

i can get my own ass up there and meet ya'll there.

or can we make one big meet up place handy for everyone like the shops at the traffic lights next to the M50 exit / on ramp ?

*EDIT* just found out where the merry ploughboy is... can gladly meet ya#s there !

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Mankyspuds

Parking on the side of the road can be a problem as you may get unlucky and get a bunch of pikeys up and break into the cars. Common enough I am afraid. If you want to park safely give me a shout(freepence of course). I live next door in 'Kilakee House' and can lock/unlock gates when you wish. There is a shed load of parking. PM me if interested. Give you a quick tour of the place aswell if ye want.

Mankyspuds

• Advertisement

I'll bring a deck of cards, sure ye never know who'd show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I can drive in theory, but my invisible car causes problems for other, less imaginative motorists. But I'm certainly available, sure I only live about a ten minute drive away.

Actually, Riamfada, could I get in on one of those lifts? I pay in gratitude and sweeties.

Urizen wrote: »
    I can drive in theory, but my invisible car causes problems for other, less imaginative motorists. But I'm certainly available, sure I only live about a ten minute drive away.

Actually, Riamfada, could I get in on one of those lifts? I pay in gratitude and sweeties.

No problem but it will be strange receiving sweets from people younger than me in my car. Makes a nice change, ungrateful kids.

Is there a date/time set up for this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I could possibly pop along depending when. Is there a day/time set?

• Advertisement

Still intereseted in this....

Anyone suggests dates or can unjust throw next wendesday out there ? (12th)

Would be as well getting this done sooner rather than later, days getting seriously shorter and temp's probably going to head south between now and halloween.

i just wanna bump this to see whats going on

anyone ????

dates and the likes of who is going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 weeda

robbie_998 wrote: »
    i just wanna bump this to see whats going on

anyone ????

dates and the likes of who is going ?

I'm interested:D

Can everyone do Sunday evening around 8pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

so what will be going on up here?

is it spooky?

Riamfada wrote: »
    Can everyone do Sunday evening around 8pm?

Count me in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

That's a big 10-4 good buddy.

Great 8pm tomorrow night. If anyone needs directions or help just pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

id love to go but working. will ye let me know how ye get on?

• Advertisement

Obviously weather permitting, but looking good for the moment... Don't forget the usual bare necessities: rain proof jacket, torch, Tayto cheese & union crisps, crucifix, etc! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

In work until 10 lads and then ive to drop someone across the city so get a good few pics lads and enjoy:)

Am up on the Military road here at the lay-by on the featherbeds (half way between Glencree and Kilakee), and there is a very strong and persistent gale up here at the moment, also a full mist is down over the whole mountain. The woods around the Hell Fire Club would provide a bit of shelter from the strong gale but the summit is likely to be just as blustery as here if the weather stays the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Am up on the Military road here at the lay-by on the featherbeds (half way between Glencree and Kilakee), and there is a very strong and persistent gale up here at the moment, also a full mist is down over the whole mountain. The woods around the Hell Fire Club would provide a bit of shelter from the strong gale but the summit is likely to be just as blustery as here if the weather stays the same.

My image of you.......

Buckle.jpg
    :D

see ya'll there people.

at the merry plougboy pub place ?

Cool ill be at the Merry Ploughboy at around 8. Sure we can see who shows up. And from there its only 10 minutes in the cars to the Hellfire Club. Dont plan on spending the night now. Just going up, checking it out and coming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I'll be waiting.

just so we dont have the problem of not being able to identify each other.

i'll be wearing a tin foil hat :pac:

i joke :) i got blue tshirt , blue rain jacket and jeans :pac:

most likely i'll be playing with my iphone

The Merry Ploughboy if anyone needs directions. Im in a Mazda 6. Will be in the carpark. Smoking

• Advertisement

My image of you.......

That's me on the right! :D:D:D

south-park-SatanSad4_couch_revised_big.jpg

Advertisement