Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Hellfire Trip

Options
12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

What I find stupid about Satanists (including these modern-day Hell Fire Club people) is the inescapable truth that Satanism borrows heavily from the rituals observed in Christianity. Satan is a man-made concept created by the Church, and Satanism wouldn't even exist if it hadn't been for Christianity. I'm not lionising Christianity or the Church now - I couldn't give a damn about them - but it's moronic that something as supposedly unique and powerful as Satanism isn't even original. Not only that, but it doesn't benefit society as a whole either. Hello, the advocacy of human murder (Nazi ethnic cleansing, anyone?)? Idiots.

Anton Lavey's Church of Satan do not believe in anything supernatural. It's just a bit of a giggle. Lavey's Church of Satan holds that all religions are just forms of entertainment. The laws of the Church proscribe cruelty to animals, and the abuse of women and children.

Far more Catholic priests have gone to jail for sexually abusing children than Satanists. Your children would be far safer around a Satanist than a Catholic priest.

Furthermore, these Hell Fire Club people say that they hope their newly enlightened members will lead essentially "a pagan life." Again, that's nonsense because, AFAIK, true paganism has feck all to do with Satanism or 'the left-hand path." Paganism is an earth-based religion that honours the divinity in all humans and living organisms and works in harmony with the Cosmos and cycles of nature to bring harmony and healing to this planet and the people on it. There is no dogma or hierarchy. Satanism is a joke.

Paganism can be whatever the "pagans" want it to be, or want it to mean. It's usually practised by self centred hippies. Like Charles Manson and his family.

Paganism ultimately leads to Nazism. It's a nihilistic worship of nature. It doesn't take major hop to go from talking about the purity of nature to the purity of ethnicity. Nature is cruel. If we all got back to nature, we'd have short, sharp and nasty lives. Any pagans I've ever met had a whiff of evil about them.

I was in the Wicklow mountains a few years ago. And I saw a group of people down in a field, standing around a burning pentagram. This was in broad daylight. I've no idea what they were up to. They were up to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

A simple WHOIS search free online gave me the name, address, email, phone number, college Of the person who runs that site. It looks like he only lives around the corner from me. I'll have to breakout my devil Halloween costume and put the ****s up him. Seems like a real satanist wouldn't have his nam and mobile number up there for the world to see.

http://www.whois.net/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Fergal, the prince of darkness.

I wonder what he's studying.

krd wrote: »
    Fergal, the prince of darkness.

I wonder what he's studying.

I think the entire website is more of a study in graphic design and cool than actual die hard satanism so I wouldnt say it is much to worry about. Some how I doubt this is serious. My stalking abilities worry me.

Here is the site
    http://www.fergalfitzpatrick.com/index_web.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Hi everyone. I know this is a pretty old thread, but I thought I'd let everyone know about an unpleasant experience I had at the hellfire club.

I went up one night around Halloween with 7 friends to have a look around. Unfortunately half of Dublin seemed to have had the same idea, the place was crawling with school groups, two separate groups of tourists and a group from hidden Dublin tours. The leaders of the hidden Dublin tour obviously took offense to there being so many people there as they started threatening to call the cops to get everyone else out.

Something to consider if you're ever planning a trip again.

Well it's a public park and a while I can understand someone running a private tour up there that people are paying to go on, it's still a public amenity as far as I'm aware and unless you are committing some crime up there like drinking in a public place or anything like that, I can't see how you could be asked to leave by any member of the public.

• Advertisement

Satanism is a joke.

I think it's a joke to any half educated copped on person, but you have impressionable people out there who get involved in this stuff and then you have the more extreme & tragic stuff that you end up reading about in the papers that involves people being drawn into these circles and end up being ritually killed, etc.

This was a problem that they had in the UK in recent years when an organisation styling itself as the ONA (Order of the Nine Angles), appeared to be promoting the abduction of children and human sacrifice, to mark certain satanic dates at particular times of the year, and this "organisation" that claims to have the Hell Fire Club as it's Irish "headquarters", going by it's own website, would seem to be affiliated in some way with the ONA I've mentioned above, through this "Order of the Trapezoid".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Nine_Angles

I hope I'm not going too off topic on this one as obviously there is f*ck all that I've mentioned above that is connected with the paranormal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Anton Lavey's Church of Satan do not believe in anything supernatural. It's just a bit of a giggle. Lavey's Church of Satan holds that all religions are just forms of entertainment. The laws of the Church proscribe cruelty to animals, and the abuse of women and children.

Far more Catholic priests have gone to jail for sexually abusing children than Satanists. Your children would be far safer around a Satanist than a Catholic priest.

I acknowledge that LaVeyan Satanism is very different to the other types of Satanism you hear about (the ones involving ritual killings of children and using 'magic' to harm people, etc). That is true.
    Paganism can be whatever the "pagans" want it to be, or want it to mean. It's usually practised by self centred hippies. Like Charles Manson and his family.

To a degree, I agree that paganism is so loosely defined, that its followers can twist it to whatever they choose. At the same time, there does seem to be a lot of freedom within it, which is only negative when people choose to act negatively.

What evidence is there that Charles Manson was a pagan? I never heard or read anything about him following it.
    Paganism ultimately leads to Nazism. It's a nihilistic worship of nature. It doesn't take major hop to go from talking about the purity of nature to the purity of ethnicity. Nature is cruel. If we all got back to nature, we'd have short, sharp and nasty lives. Any pagans I've ever met had a whiff of evil about them.

Ah, come off it. Again, where's the evidence for paganism leading to Nazism? Nazism began after some deluded xenophobic idiot, who envisaged a 'perfect human race', managed to elbow his way into power and persuade legions of cronies to carry out mass murder.

Nature isn't necessarily cruel. If you're clever, you can harness it to your advantage, i.e. farmers who sow crops during seasonal peak times. I really can't see how a fixation on the purity of nature can lead to an obsession with the purity of ethnicity. Anyway, what has ethnicity got to do with anything? All ethnicities are valuable and worthy of respect, IMO. I don't advocate having only one 'pure' ethnic group in the whole world - that's daft - but I do advocate greater integration (in cities, for example).

I think certain ethnic minorities, like the Aborigines in Australia, should be left in peace to live on their own land (they were there before white Australians, after all). Same thing for the tribes in North Africa. Don't forcibly Westernise them or 'cull them' (Christ, obviously), but allow them to carry on doing their own thing.
    I was in the Wicklow mountains a few years ago. And I saw a group of people down in a field, standing around a burning pentagram. This was in broad daylight. I've no idea what they were up to. They were up to something.

Are you sure it wasn't just a bunch of candles assembled to look like a pentagram? Either way, what's the harm in people standing around a burning pentagram in a field?

Essentially, a pentagram is only a symbol that represents the five human senses and elements (including spirit or ether). The circle around it means eternity (of life) and the circle's contact with the five points of the star inside it point to all the five elements/senses being connected to each other.

The pentagram is only negative, or indicative of evil, if it's inverted (one point of the star points to/reaches the ground). A bit like a sideways star.

Anyway, I've only ever met one pagan but she was/is totally normal. She works as a geologist and goes out on the town for a few drinks the same way most people do.

I have no idea what other pagans do. I'm sure it varies from individual to individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I think it's a joke to any half educated copped on person, but you have impressionable people out there who get involved in this stuff and then you have the more extreme & tragic stuff that you end up reading about in the papers that involves people being drawn into these circles and end up being ritually killed, etc.

This was a problem that they had in the UK in recent years when an organisation styling itself as the ONA (Order of the Nine Angles), appeared to be promoting the abduction of children and human sacrifice, to mark certain satanic dates at particular times of the year, and this "organisation" that claims to have the Hell Fire Club as it's Irish "headquarters", going by it's own website, would seem to be affiliated in some way with the ONA I've mentioned above, through this "Order of the Trapezoid".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Nine_Angles

I hope I'm not going too off topic on this one as obviously there is f*ck all that I've mentioned above that is connected with the paranormal!

No, you're not going OT at all. I think there are still a lot of people out there who associate negative Satanism with the paranormal, so it's relevant in that sense (correctly informing people). Definitely.

I was reading David Malone's excellent book 'The Boy In The Attic' a few weeks ago and the actions of Lorcan Bale did have a (fairly deluded) paranormal element in them.

It's true that if you look at any of the harmful so-called 'Satanic' cults/organisations that have garnered negative press, the people involved almost always seem dense and/or mentally ill.

Is that Order of the Nine Angles (ONA) still in operation, or did the police put an end to that crap?

No, you're not going OT at all. I think there are still a lot of people out there who associate negative Satanism with the paranormal, so it's relevant in that sense (correctly informing people). Definitely.

I was reading David Malone's excellent book 'The Boy In The Attic' a few weeks ago and the actions of Lorcan Bale did have a (fairly deluded) paranormal element in them.

It's true that if you look at any of the harmful so-called 'Satanic' cults/organisations that have garnered negative press, the people involved almost always seem dense and/or mentally ill.

Is that Order of the Nine Angles (ONA) still in operation, or did the police put an end to that crap?

Yeah the folks who seem to get wrapped up in or drawn into the more sinister end of satanism involving harm to individuals, often seem to be either highly impressionable or else suffer from an intellectual disability of some sort, or certainly that would be the case for any instances of it I've heard of online or in the media where a person was up on a murder charge.

I've no idea about whether the ONA are still in existence, I just wandered across the link I've just posted above there, a few years ago after I found some news article online about a satanic ritual killing, I think it was in the UK and when they drilled down into what was going on, the ONA was implicated in the murder. However, it obviously being an underground, cell-like, network, not unlike a terrorist organisation in terms of how it is controlled, I don't suppose you could really speculate on how active it might be or how it all hangs together in terms of organisational structure, etc, unless you managed to somehow get in at the top and get some data on the top tier of members, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Gavingaz12

i would love to go .being there loads of times .. im a member of irishghosthunters . can ask rest of team to come along it would be a great night . some equipment etc we can bring

• Advertisement

I don't think it is going to happen but if it were it would be a strictly no teams event. They generally bogart all the attention. Personally I'm trying to move away from team based investigation and go back to groups of individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I genuinely like the idea of a group going maybe have a limit so it doesn't get too boisterous and I like the idea of a skeptic or two present also just to have a different view point. Would love it to take place before summer time comes in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ryan06

I was up here on Wednesday night. It was a beautiful evening, so decided to take a walk up with my young lad. Anyway I've been up there countless times for years and never saw or felt anything out of the ordinary. Except for this time. It was still bright when we got to the summit, not a soul around though. It was eerily quiet and I just got this really really strong feeling of being watched, probably just my imagination but I've never got that sort of feeling up there before. Went into the house and looked around all the rooms, when we went into the upstairs hall there was this overpowering smell like the smell of a burnt clutch on a car, so we went into the other upstairs room and then heard this weird noise coming from the room we'd just been in. It was a pretty fu*ked up noise, like those shrieks that cats make when they're in heat. So, went back in to investigate and took a few pictures and when I looked at them at home one of the photos I took of my little boy standing beside the fireplace has this really strange mist all around the room even though there was nothing there when I took the photo. Also the other pictures I took throughout the house are crystal clear, no mist or anything and as I said it was a beautiful clear day. Anybody else been up there lately and experienced anything out of the ordinary? I will post up the photos if anyone wants to see what they think

G

tl;dr version: Went to hellfire club, heard & smelled weird sh*t. Want other peoples opinions.

Ryan06 wrote: »
    I was up here on Wednesday night. It was a beautiful evening, so decided to take a walk up with my young lad. Anyway I've been up there countless times for years and never saw or felt anything out of the ordinary. Except for this time. It was still bright when we got to the summit, not a soul around though. It was eerily quiet and I just got this really really strong feeling of being watched, probably just my imagination but I've never got that sort of feeling up there before. Went into the house and looked around all the rooms, when we went into the upstairs hall there was this overpowering smell like the smell of a burnt clutch on a car, so we went into the other upstairs room and then heard this weird noise coming from the room we'd just been in. It was a pretty fu*ked up noise, like those shrieks that cats make when they're in heat. So, went back in to investigate and took a few pictures and when I looked at them at home one of the photos I took of my little boy standing beside the fireplace has this really strange mist all around the room even though there was nothing there when I took the photo. Also the other pictures I took throughout the house are crystal clear, no mist or anything and as I said it was a beautiful clear day. Anybody else been up there lately and experienced anything out of the ordinary? I will post up the photos if anyone wants to see what they think

G

tl;dr version: Went to hellfire club, heard & smelled weird sh*t. Want other peoples opinions.

I've often felt that "being watched" feeling up there, especially at sunset or at night. But I'm a skeptic so I don't read too much into it, just the mind playing it's usual tricks on a dark night at what is after all, a fairly foreboding place. I've also felt the same weird feeling when walking down the sleep path through the forest, where the very large boulder is set into the ground in the middle of the path on the descent, I've often felt that I'm being watched there as well. The smell you describe is always there and I put that down to folks occasionally meeting up there for drinking sessions and lighting a fire in the upstairs or downstairs rooms with the fireplaces, there wouldn't be anything unusual about that smell in the house (a kind of brimstone smell), and if you are up there on a Sunday afternoon, the odd time, you'll find the hearth still warm from the previous nights gang who had lit a fire up there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Would love to go but all of my mates are too chicken:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

slightly off topic but does anyone know anything about the ruins,in killakee forest?im talking about the one when you reach killakee house,and instead of heading up the hill to the hellfire,just hop over the yellow barrier?i definitely seen something up there many moons ago that really freaked me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

slightly off topic but does anyone know anything about the ruins,in killakee forest?im talking about the one when you reach killakee house,and instead of heading up the hill to the hellfire,just hop over the yellow barrier?i definitely seen something up there many moons ago that really freaked me out.

Care to explain what happened ?

Would be interested to hear the story if you don't mind.

That's Massey's estate...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montpelier_Hill#Killakee_.28Lord_Massy.27s.29_Estate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

well we used to go camping on summer bank holiday weekends.the high walls were always good for a bit of shelter.anyways one particular night i spotted what looked like a robed figure.kinda greyish i suppose,moving up the inside of the walk from left to right it was weird and scared the crap outta me,following day i went over to have a closer look at where i seen this thing,and i noticed that there was one a staircase there.still freaks me out to this day.anyone know anything else about this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Went up to the hellfire today and I honestly thought I would have seen/heard/smelt something. I stood in each room in silence and waited for a feeling/sign anything but tbh the only feeling I got was a peaceful one it was beautiful and very calming. I took photos and haven't looked through them yet but I am hoping something positive will show up in them.

On another note I drove down Military Road - is that road meant to be so spooky (I got bad vibes from it)

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    On another note I drove down Military Road - is that road meant to be so spooky (I got bad vibes from it)

The road always does give me the creeps alright. But I am aware that thats where a lot of bodies turn up. More of a real danger than paranormal. Actually the entire road across the gap gives me the creeps after dark.

Advertisement