Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Masterchef UK is back? WTF?

Options
  • 17-09-2011 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭

What terrible scheduling by the BBC... they've moved it from the primeslot slot to a 2pm slot in the daytime.

Only reason I realised is the Beeb announced there's a highlights show later this evening.

Found this story on DigitalSpy..
    Celebrity MasterChef viewers have complained over the show's new daytime slot.

The BBC has moved the cooking reality format, which restarted this Monday, from the centre of primetime to the 2.15pm to 3pm slot on weekdays.

One fan wrote on the show's Facebook page: "Ridiculous scheduling also real lack of info out there as to when it was starting. Stick it back on bbc2 at a proper time please!"

Another argued: "Not good, I really enjoy MasterChef but cannot watch it during the day, and the Saturday show is also too early for me to watch. Suppose I'll have to use the catch-up, but it is a shame you thought it only deserved to be shown during the day. It's as if you've given up with it."

Overnight viewing figures this week have so far been disappointing. Starting with an audience of 1.1m (16%) on Monday, the programme fell to 749k (14%) yesterday, outperformed by ITV1's Dickinson's Real Deal.

Celebrity MasterChef's contestants this year include former Soccer AM star Tim Lovejoy, Newsnight presenter Kirsty Wark and ex-EastEnders actor Ricky Groves.

Celebrity MasterChef's finale last year peaked with 6.7m viewers.

And look at those viewing figures... what were the BBC thinking? Might watch the highlights on later and the rest on Sky+.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That is truly shocking, Basq.

I usually scan ahead on Sky+ once a week to see whats on BBC worth Sky+ing, and the scheduling of this means I completely missed it (I only check evenings). :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow thats metal, even the idiots RTE know the cookery shows do the numbers in primetime slots, hence the amount they show in the evenings.

I'm sure audiences in the UK are not so different to us and it would have done well in the evenings. What the hell are the BBC thinking :confused:

Doesn't effect me as I can watch it during the day though, or at least I would have had I known it was even on in the 1st place, I too only check the TV guide for evenings :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Bah just read this now, only caught the end of it, started at 6.10

Anyone watching this (despite the awful timing?)

They've nailed down a pretty terrific format this year - lots of different challenges each week (skills tests, pressure tests, working in professional kitchen, cooking food influenced by professional kitchen, cooking own food, and cooking food for the W.I.)

Love it, I'm completely hooked. Shame this the last week of heats.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not a huge fan of the format myself.. seems like they've been doing heats for FAR too long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

So glad Phil won he was the best:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Nick was robbed!

It was always between Nick and Phil..

.. and it was tough to call.

Hope the Beeb wisens up and puts it on at a more respectable hour next year.

Actually, when's the regular non-celeb one on? Probably early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

When the fcuk was the actual final?

I had it set to series record, and the last episode recorded was Friday afternoons.

I'm glad Phil won, even if its been spoiled for me. He deserved it more than any of them.

super-rush wrote: »
    When the fcuk was the actual final?

I had it set to series record, and the last episode recorded was Friday afternoons.
    Don't get me started.. the Beeb? More like 'the Boob'!

Watched Friday afternoon and it stopped before the winner was announced even though the Sky Planner had it as the last episode.

AFAIK - turns out the actual winner wasn't revealed until the Saturday Catch-Up show.

• Advertisement

Missed the Saturday finale (wasn't included in sky series link). Dingbats.

Masterchef: The Professionals starts on November 7th (4 times a week, hopefully at night!) - I assume it will be Greg and Michel again.

If previous years are any guide, regular Masterchef episodes will be back in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niall300

Last night RTE anounced brand new masterchef, tuned in to see john and gregg starting a new masterchef but then noticed it wasn't being shown on BBC. seems strange i thought. So I am guessing this is actually a rerun of the last BBC series, can anyone confirm?

thanks

Advertisement