Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best pub for EPL Games and pub for foreign beers

Options
  • 17-09-2011 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

whats a good pub to watch the premierleague games in dublin and are there any pubs like the franciscan well in cork

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Does the porter house show the premiership games?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭get_d_hand_in

the bull and castle.... good for foreign beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

I prefer O'Neils on Suffolk St. They have a big projector screen and a smashing amount of craft beers on tap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Living Room on Cathal Brugha Street or The Woolshed on Parnell Street next to the cinema are both good for matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Foreign beer for watching foreign games!:D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

If you want both at the same time, there's not much choice, Porterhouse is best bet, maybe Messrs Maguire + Exchequer too?

If you want games, Woolshed, Living Room, Sinnotts are all great.

If you want foreign beers, Against The Grain and L Mulligan are amazing. Couldn't recommend either high enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

Would also recommend O'Neills. Great selection of beers and have a massive number of tvs for the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Bull & Castle has a projector screen up in the beer hall that comes down for big sporting events, doesn't it?

Messrs has loads of tellys all around the place, and a projector on one floor for sports too, but they only sell their own brews, plus the "usuals".

Porterhouse Central (Nassau St) shows sports, and has a great beer selection.

Oh id love to live in dublin, was there over the weekend, so much choice. wish I could pack up my job in waterford and as a single guy with no attachments perhaps I should, but its such a good paying job and its permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

Foreign beers + sports = Woolshed.

Now, if by "foreign" you meant "good", a good few have been named, but I'd go for Messrs. They have nice beers (although Irish), and show a fair amount of games, esp on the ground and first floors.

• Advertisement

LaBaguette wrote: »
    Foreign beers + sports = Woolshed.

Now, if by "foreign" you meant "good", a good few have been named, but I'd go for Messrs. They have nice beers (although Irish), and show a fair amount of games, esp on the ground and first floors.

I went to the porterhouse for the foreign beers and sinnotts for the matches, the porter house have a great idea where you can sample 3 draught beers for a fiver, basically the 3 samples make up a pint, did it twice, was able to try 6 differnt beers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

was able to try 6 differnt beers
    And not one of them was foreign, right?

BeerNut wrote: »
    And not one of them was foreign, right?

wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

I'm pretty sure that the only foreign beers on tap at the moment in PH Temple are Erdinger (that can be found quite easily across Dublin) and Früli, a very sweet strawberry beer.

Hardly the best brews in that place !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

wrong
    Ah, I thought they only did the house beers on the tasting trays. What did you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

It's only their own beers they do on the tasting trays so it's safe to assume you are not wrong.

Advertisement