Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for info on library, renewals, loans, reservations

Options
  • 17-09-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm trying to find info on the UL Library site regarding loans and reservations etc. but can't seem to find anything so was hoping someone here could help with a link perhaps?

Basically I'm a postgrad and a guy in the library told me that that means I can have 10 loans for 4 weeks, and as many reservations as I want?

Anyway I have a book out now and its due back in 3 weeks. I'm wondering how the renewal service works. If I renew it now, does that renew it from today's date? or from the day its due? So to keep the book as long as possible should I wait until the day before its due back to try renew? Or can I just do it now? And now long will the renewal add onto my loan? Also how many renewals allowed??

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I've renewed an item 3 times and it won't allow more than that. AFAIK it will renew from its due back date. However if there's a reservation on the book you have out, it won't renew. Best to just experiment and see what it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Could always try using Ask Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

I'm an undergrad, just wondering whether it's two or three weeks we're allowed keep books out for? Regular loans, not 3 day, 7 day etc loans that is (obviously :) )!
    Also, how many books can be lent at any one time to an undergrad?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'm an undergrad, just wondering whether it's two or three weeks we're allowed keep books out for? Regular loans, not 3 day, 7 day etc loans that is (obviously :) )!
    Also, how many books can be lent at any one time to an undergrad?

4 books for 2 weeks

Advertisement