Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to move out?

Options
  • 17-09-2011 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I live with my dad, and I want to move out, so that i have more space. How do I start? I've no job. A friend said if i get a job i can move out. but i hate jobs, they will give me some crappy job like cleaning the floor or giving out newspapers, that's bull****. i can't work in places like that. i have self respect you know. my ego won't let me do that for living. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Troll.... Go back to after hours forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Troll.... Go back to after hours forum.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭zyndacyclone

Someone please clean out the troll traps.
    Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This may or may not be a troll, however, lets treat it like a genuine enquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Victor wrote: »
    This may or may not be a troll, however, lets treat it like a genuine enquiry.

This is obvious troll. There are threads on after hours how people go in to other forums of boards.ie and troll with similar threads.

Lack of any sort of activity in this thread already shows that people aware of troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

JoePdw wrote: »
    I live with my dad, and I want to move out, so that i have more space. How do I start? I've no job. A friend said if i get a job i can move out. but i hate jobs, they will give me some crappy job like cleaning the floor or giving out newspapers, that's bull****. i can't work in places like that. i have self respect you know. my ego won't let me do that for living. :rolleyes:
    What age are you? Where do you live? Are you able to get dole at the moment? Have you done your Leaving Cert yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Since we've been told to treat this like a genuine query, so here we go -

If you're not willing to get a job, don't move out. Stop sponging off the government, get up off your backside and do something with your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Baralis1

JoePdw wrote: »

What makes you think you are so much better than people who sweep the floor for a living. Why should I as a tax payer earn money and pay taxes so you can sit around on your backside and do what you want to do. Everyone has to start somewhere. I worked in jobs I didn't like doing to put myself through university but I eventually got where I wanted to be. If everyone had your attitude, our society would soon collapse with no one to leech off of. There are jobs out there for people willing to work. They just might not be the exact job you want to do.
    Get off your backside and get a job.

As for your question, if you don't have a job, you can still probably afford to rent a room on your dole. Just look up daft or the local papers for houseshares, ring the number and arrange a viewing. Be prepared that some landlords may question you about your current employment/source of income. Or I can pay for your accommodation through the rent allowance scheme. I assume you should contact the social welfare office for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Baralis1 wrote: »
    Or I can pay for your accommodation through the rent allowance scheme. I assume you should contact the social welfare office for info.
    Wrong. You can't just move out of home and receive Rent Supplement. Also, it's your Community Welfare Officer that deals with RS, not the Social Welfare.

The Rental Accommodation Scheme is for people who have been in receipt of Rent Supplement long-term. That scheme is dealt with by your local authority.

Advertisement