Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

focus bodywork

• 17-09-2011 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Hi,

im looking for a rear bumper for a ford focus 05 3door mk2, and the outer trim for along the door and the top of the rear bumper and the panel on the boot above the reg plate, all prefered in colorado red if possible.

Ive rang around all the breakers too and they dont seem to have any of the same model, its all the mk1 and anything they do have the same as mine is almost in a cube already.

I have a crack in the front lower bumper add on, I asked about having it repaired, but I was told it couldnt be fixed as its fibreglass and could crack again to I was advised to get a new one, ive seen more damage done to bumpers and thet have been repaired so I dont know if it is decent advice. Does anyone know if fibreglass cracks can be repaired and maintained?

Would anyone have the parts for sale, also any opinion on the fibreglass bumper would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I generally won't do fibreglass repairs. If you touch it, you're responsible for it then on in - and that's more hassle than it's worth. Problem with fibreglass is that you can see the obvious damage, but there will be fractures for anything up to a few feet around the area thats been damaged - and as it's weakened, any little impact in future will only damage it more easily.

I hate fibreglass. And for some bizarre reason, I've just bought an car entirely made from fibreglass. Go fig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Owen wrote: »
    I generally won't do fibreglass repairs. If you touch it, you're responsible for it then on in - and that's more hassle than it's worth. Problem with fibreglass is that you can see the obvious damage, but there will be fractures for anything up to a few feet around the area thats been damaged - and as it's weakened, any little impact in future will only damage it more easily.

I hate fibreglass. And for some bizarre reason, I've just bought an car entirely made from fibreglass. Go fig.

Id be very careful in that so! An no driving in the snow, it build up under mine and thats how it cracked the skirt! :(

Do you do bodywork repairs?

I guess so, I though id ask as the price I got for a new skirt and paint is around 500euro.. Like its not the entire front bumper its a lip on the bottom, I wasnt expecting it to be that high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Sounds like the OP has a fibreglass body kit, don't think partfinder will be able to help out.

Owen wrote: »
    Sounds like the OP has a fibreglass body kit, don't think partfinder will be able to help out.

Its awkward to explain, it is a standard bumper and then an extra on the bottom, ford did it all before I bought it.

this is a photo if it here, you can see on the bottom there is an extra little bit and the skirts on the side, where on a normal focus its just black plastic on the bottom at the front

im looking for one of these too if anyone has any for sale, again the same colour as the car would be amazing

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/304153/172951.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Hiace.

bazz26 wrote: »

Also try Traynors up North there's a lot of Fords/Vauxhalls in NI, and they deliver all over Ireland.

http://www.traynors.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

Traynors also do spurious bumpers for about £60 or so. Fairly good quallity too.

Advertisement