Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the Townbus route changed?

Options
  • 17-09-2011 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

looks like the townbus service has changed route. When I was going to Dunnes I noticed an actual bus stop on the opposite side of Hamlet lane to where it used to be (the bus used to go up Hamlet lane heading from O'Dwyers towards Dunnes and around through Moylaragh).

Anyone know what the new route is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Benjy

Attached is from the Bus Eireann website dated Tuesday, 23rd August, 2011

Newly Improved Route 104 Balbriggan Town Service

On and from Monday, 29 August 2011, Bus Éireann will be providing shorter journey times on its Route 104 Balbriggan Town Service.

The newly improved frequent service will provide customers with a combination of two shorter loops of Balbriggan town, a North loop and a South loop, both operating via Balbriggan Railway Station in the centre of the town.

The North loop will serve the newer densely populated north of the town extending to Hastings Green Roundabout and will operate in a clockwise direction from Balbriggan Station serving Chapel Street, Harry Reynolds Road, Chieftains Way, Barons Hall, Hastings Green, Brega, Hamlet Lane, Bremore and Drogheda Street returning to Balbriggan Station.

The South loop will serve the older part of Balbriggan town to the south and operate in a clockwise direction from Balbriggan Station serving Dublin Street, Castleton, Harry Reynolds Road, Millfield Shopping Centre, and Chapel Street returning to Balbriggan Station.

The newly improved route 104 service will operate in the opposite direction to the previous service in many locations. Customers are advised that bus stops may be located on the opposite side of the road. Customers will still be able to connect from either side of Balbriggan town and the last bus available from Balbriggan Railway Station is at 19:15 for customers arriving on trains from Dublin.

“Bus Éireann is always looking at ways to improve our services and meet our customers’ needs. Following local consultation and a review of current customer journeys we decided to make changes to the 104 service by providing quicker journey times for customers travelling to/from Balbriggan Railway Station,” said Joe Kenny, Regional Manager East, Bus Éireann.

http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=994&month=Aug

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm genuinely curious as to how much longer this bus service can last- I never see very many people on it? Does anyone know how it's fairing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

thanks for that - when I tried to get onto the bus eireann website I just kept getting the 404 error.

thanks!

Advertisement