Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice new case on hwvs

Options
  • 17-09-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

Just building up to finally ordering my build. Was busy doing other things and also waiting hopefully for someone in Intel to get me a cheaper CPU but that didn't happen.

Anyway just noticed this nice new case on hwvs. Looks like it could be a pretty good choice for future builds on here. Certainly much nicer than the Xigmatek ones I have seen mentioned a few times on here. Plenty of room for extra fans too. And it even includes an internal 2.5" bay for an ssd. Only downside is it only includes a single exhaust fan on the back. It would benefit from an additional 120mm intake on the front (for which it has space). Probably going to go for it myself now over this one as I would like a 3.5" external bay to add one of these (which, IMO, looks very well built for a chinese product such as this). I know I could get a converter to go 5.25" - 3.5" but it wouldn't look too great.

The case is 33,55 € and looks like this:

resource?articleId=50575&size=2

Speaking of my build I am oh-so-tempted to through in an SSD. Read through anandtech's SSD anthology from 2009 and it does look mighty tempting..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Doesn't seem to be any proper reviews of it yet but at a glance it looks like a great deal. I especially like the 4 Front Panel USB ports. Decent cable management and tooless features as well. The big question is how well it does at cooling and how loud it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Agreed there is no proper reviews. It tends to be more difficult to find reviews for budget cases and it is only out a few weeks, I am going to go with the one pictured above so I might throw up a quick review myself when I get it. At the very least it's a nice looking case for 33 euro and has space for up to 7 120mm case fans.

I don't think this one has any toolless features beyond side panel thumb screws but that dosen't really bother me as I have heard some of those systems are too much trouble anyway.

This one only comes with a single 120mm exhaust so I am ordering 4 of these 1200rpm Scythe Slipstream. I don't plan on actually using all of these in the case but I will at the very least add one intake on the front. I will add more if needed.

The way I see it is that these fans are going for 10-15 euro a piece on amazon/ebay so at under 6 euro each it is nice to have a supply if I need them. Having gone through this review about these fans it seems the 1200rpm is the way to go. I can undervolt the 1200rpm @5V and get the same performance and noise level as the 800rpm version @ 12V. This leaves me with the headroom to increase the speed if I need it as the 1200rpm version can push 46 CFM @ 12V.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Bit Fenix makes good cases, check out youtube for its review...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

yeah only review I could find is this video review;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

If it's anything like BitFenix's other stuff, it should be pretty good. The one real criticism I had of the Survivor was that it's aircooling wasn't as good as other cases in it's pricerange, but they've clearly rectified that (7 fans, whah) with this one. Seriously competitive pricepoint for this case. Only feature that's missing that I'd have liked to have seen would have been a USB3 port or two, but hey, it's still incredible value.

If you're looking to fill this case with fans, Bitfenix's own brand are supposed to be pretty good, although I haven't bought any yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So anyone tried that case? It looks like a bargain. I wouldn't mind buying it for my future biuld.

I want to biuld it little by little, as I don't have money to biuld pc from scratch and my current pc is still beefy enough for most stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

case looks good. that youtube reviewer is annoying though, i really dislike him.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    case looks good. that youtube reviewer is annoying though, i really dislike him.

I agree. No way I am listening to him for 24mins. I am just going to assume the case is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Burgo wrote: »
    yeah only review I could find is this video review;

Very good reviewer, seen that guy doing a review totaling well over an hour. Pretty in depth.

And another point, those 4 usb post at the front are dead handy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Tea_Bag wrote: »

I have to agree. I can't listen to him for more than 2mins and his reviews tend to be really long, boring and monotonous...

• Advertisement
Advertisement