Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cathedral Open Day

Options
  • 17-09-2011 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Sunday 18th from 10.30am-3.00pm.

For anyone around, they're letting people in to see it before restoration begins and the plans of the work will be down in Mels College to look at aswell.

Have to say it, it's about time they started doing something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

I went for a look today with my mam and it was weird been inside. I regret not visiting the cathedral more before it was damaged. There is a huge amount of work to be done. Roll on 2015....

RTE were there today and it was on the news. Probably on the 9 news too.

Heres a few pics i took. Sorry about the quality, it was with a old Nokia phone!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

Not so bad them old Nokias.

174966.jpg

I was unable to make it in myself. Did you manage to get down to the college for a look at the plans at all Baldbear?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

No. I hadn't time to look at the plans. I'd say they would be interesting to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Have to say it, it's about time they started doing something.

They never stopped working on it. It's taken this long to clear out the interior, whilst ensuring the building remained structurally sound.

Advertisement