Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Internet

Options
  • 17-09-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I've noticed over the past few weeks, that mobile internet hasn't been the best. The past few days its been diabolical. Connecting once out of every 6 or 7 attempts. This is happening on three different handsets, on two seperate bill accounts. One is on the DATA.mymeteor apn, another on data.mymeteor and the other is on wap.mymeteor. Two android, one winMo 7.

Based on this, I have to assume its a general meteor issue. I've also been in different areas so its not a mast/coverage issue. Constant HSPA connection on all three handsets. Traffic doesn't seem to be occurring on the network, which to me, sounds like a downlink issue. Are others experiencing an inability to even connect over the past few days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I have been having a few problems over the past week or so. It has happened to me in both limerick and Dublin. The funny thing was I never had any problems connecting or getting data for ovi maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm on the meteor network and have noticed this too... my phone disconnects alot more often than it used to and when I do get a connection it's much slower than normal.

I also very rarely get a 3G signal nowadays. I'm sure it'll be resolved soon.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I wondering are they port shaping. Some apps have no problem connecting, whilst others wont connect at all. My speeds are alot slower too. Haven't tried my mobile broadband yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

Just wondering if people are still having this problem? I can't get any 3G coverage on either of my handsets (HTC Sensation & 3GS).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I've also noticed it's pretty crap over the past month or two.

Today however it's ridiculous. Full signal, HSDPA or 3G connection in Dublin city centre and I'm barely connecting to anything, only loading webpages intermittently, usually just timing out.

(HTC desire... 10GB add-on.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Same. iPhone 4. Happening both on the phone itself and when using the personal hotspot on a PC.

Sent them an e-mail yesterday afternoon about it so waiting to hear what they say.

Would be good if everyone else e-mailed in also, less likely to blame it on an individual handset or locality issue then (which I suspect they will do with my complaint).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Its slow to conncet. But once after that its fine. Takes longer than it should to connect to HSDPA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Its slow to conncet. But once after that its fine. Takes longer than it should to connect to HSDPA
    Well that's the thing - it's not slow. At all! I've been getting 4Mb+ consistently, but it seems to just drop the connection, the connection "hangs" or pages time out sporadically. Speed is otherwise excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Kensington wrote: »
    Well that's the thing - it's not slow. At all! I've been getting 4Mb+ consistently, but it seems to just drop the connection, the connection "hangs" or pages time out sporadically. Speed is otherwise excellent.
    I agree :)

Advertisement