Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

line speed checker

• 17-09-2011 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Where can I check my line speed. I dont want an isp speed check.
    I saw a guy with an app on his I phone for doing it.
    I know you can ring eircom and get it but Id rather use software if possible.

I rang Eircom as i have an 8MB line, Im getting 6.4 from the exchange.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 exterminator447

Where can I check my line speed. I dont want an isp speed check.
    I saw a guy with an app on his I phone for doing it.
    I know you can ring eircom and get it but Id rather use software if possible.

I rang Eircom as i have an 8MB line, Im getting 6.4 from the exchange.

Thanks in advance

go onto the eircom website and type in your phone number under the broadband section and it will read back what you line can take where you type in a web heading on the task bar it will read for example 4680 which means 4Mb or sent me a private message and i can test it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

hey exterminator447

Thats smart, it showed up as 6144, about right.

That will do nicely.

Thanks

B

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

what does the rest mean, option1,2,3. also what does "ngb=true" mean , is that the line is enabled for 24MB broadband.
    Hope you dont mind the number *** ******

pid=pid&std=***&phoneno=******&BV_EngineID=null&BV_SessionID=null&site=Res&lineSpeed=6144&cid=&option1=0&option2=14&option3=16&option4=0&linespeed=6144&invalid=0&ngb=true

• Registered Users Posts: 32 exterminator447

what does the rest mean, option1,2,3. also what does "ngb=true" mean , is that the line is enabled for 24MB broadband.
    Hope you dont mind the number *** ******

pid=pid&std=***&phoneno=******&BV_EngineID=null&BV_SessionID=null&site=Res&lineSpeed=6144&cid=&option1=0&option2=14&option3=16&option4=0&linespeed=6144&invalid=0&ngb=true

That means your line can handle 6Mb and no more even if another operater says we can give you faster speeds dont listen to them.

Hope your happy with the result that came back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭RobMozza

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I've just found a slightly quicker way of testing your own phone line..

Here's an screenshot example:

http://i.imgur.com/UJmeihW.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement