Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puddle-proof raingear

Options
  • 17-09-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭

After the 2nd soaking in as many days, a bucket full of mucky clothes and a sogging pair of new shoes, I'm realising I'll have to get some kind of waterproofs for my 15 month old. He absolutely loves being outside and following his daddy around the yard and fields and I'd hate to stop him so I can avoid washing!

I've checked online, but some of the waterproof trousers and overalls are very dear. I was hoping for trousers/dungarees/overalls that were in or under the €20 mark. Do they exist - either online or in a shops? Has anyone any experience of these?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The regatta suits are brilliant, they cost us about 20 euro on e-bay but were well worth it for last winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Lidl & Alidi do the rain gear every year and I also see Penney's having rain gear in this year aswell.

Got the Lidl rain gear last year and they are great.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The lidl rain coats and wellies are great but were gone in an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'm checking ebay now! It was bad enough having one set (my other half's) of wet dirty gear, but the wee buck doing the same is likely to send me over the edge!

How recently was the stuff in Lidl/Aldi? I'm a big fan of their stuff! Must take a detour into Penneys, didn't notice the last day.

They were in Lidl last week (13th) Im almost certain, if they are sold out they usually have them again in Winter. You should sign up for the newsletter and it will have them on it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

I saw all in one's in Heaton's today for €14, wasn't paying full attention to them but they looked ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I got one in debenhams in the sales but I think they sell them all year round.

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Rain gear coming into Lidl again.

Brilliant, RubyGirl, you're a star! I got the wellies alright, but never got the trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

Lidl don't seem to be doing the pants for younger boys this time at all.

• Advertisement

Lidl don't seem to be doing the pants for younger boys this time at all.

No, they dont show on the brochure but if there in for the girls I'm sure the boys would be in aswell.

RubyGirl wrote: »
    No, they dont show on the brochure but if there in for the girls I'm sure the boys would be in aswell.

Here's hoping! Otherwise my buck will be wearing the red ones!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭pennypitstop

Have you tried www.puddleducks.ie I'd imagine they will be dearer than aldi/lidl but they do have nice stuff and good quality.

Advertisement