Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on solicitors fees etc.

Options
  • 17-09-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I'm a first time buyer, still looking. I'm trying to get an idea of all the costs involved with buying a property. When a prices has being agreed I understand a solicitor is needed to formalise the paper work, deeds etc. How much do they charge for their services? I'm looking at property at about €200,000

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

98-00 wrote: »
    I'm a first time buyer, still looking. I'm trying to get an idea of all the costs involved with buying a property. When a prices has being agreed I understand a solicitor is needed to formalise the paper work, deeds etc. How much do they charge for their services? I'm looking at property at about €200,000
    You can get a solicitor to do conveyancing for €999 but you might not get a very thorough job done for that. On the basis that you get what you pay for I went for a solicitor who quoted €2,200+VAT and now that it's all done I feel it was money well spent as the solicitor picked up on a number of issues that we were able to get resolved before closing that might have gone unnoticed if someone was doing a rush job.

You should also budget for an engineer's inspection (IP paid €450 for structural survey, boundary and planning permission check), Stamp Duty of 1% of the sales price and title registration outlays (€200-€300).

If there is a mortgage involved you'll need to pay for a valuation and some other costs too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Eleganza

I'm selling.
    conveyancing is costing me 1200 plus vat

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭98-00

So I'm looking in the region of €2000 at a push.
    Is stamp duty 1% on all properties, or does it go up with property valu?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,600 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bought recently, my solicitor cost €1500 (VAT included). Got quotes from 4 and all were around that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭98-00

Thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement