Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Vegetarian Day event, Sun 2nd October, Dublin City Centre (& Cork on Sat 1st!)

Options
  • 17-09-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone!

You might be interested in attending a World Vegetarian Day event which is being hosted by the Vegetarian Society of Ireland. They have details of the event up on their website.

174823.jpg

Here is some information about the day:
    The Vegetarian Society of Ireland will be holding a celebration of World Vegetarian Day 2011 by hosting a fair on October the 2nd from 12pm-5pm, in St. Andrew’s Resource Centre, 114 Pearse Street, Dublin 2.
    The event will be a gathering of people and a celebration of vegetarianism in the world today. It will have guest speakers (such as Dr Jon Green (CEO of the UK Vegetarian Society), Dr Vincent Carroll (former VSI Chairperson) and John Carmody (Animal Rights Action Network)), as well as the best vegetarian restaurants in Ireland (such as the Happy Pear, Blazing Salads and Cornucopia) and charity organisations (such as Cats Aid and Sea Shepherd). This will be the 14th annual World Vegetarian Day Fair event; at our last fair we had over 1,000 people in attendance! This event would be a treat for seasoned vegetarians as well as anyone wanting to find out more about the benefits of a vegetarian diet. It will be a great family day out, brimming with good food and good fun for everyone.

Time: 12pm-5pm
    Date: 2nd of October 2011

Talks will run throughout the afternoon. These include:
    One Can Make A Difference by John Carmody (Animal Rights Action Network)
    Challenges for Vegetarianism in the 21st Century: Taking the Arguments to A Wider Audience by Dr Jon Green (Chief Executive of the UK Vegetarian Society)
    Fur Factory Farms in Ireland by Ed Long (ALiberation)
    Raw Lifestyle in Action by Sil (Sseduced Raw Foods)
    Irish Animal Protection Laws by Stephanie O'Flynn (PhD Student, NUI Galway)
    Lifestyle, Diet and Health by Dr Vincent Carroll (former chairperson of VSI)

There is also going to be an information stall on Patrick St in Cork city :)
    The stand will be on Patrick Street in Cork from 1pm to 5pm on Saturday, 1st October

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Ohhhh! There is a book list of items which one of the stall holders will be bringing and I am drooling reading the list!! Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World is one book that I've heard people mention loads on boards. I may just treat myself ;) Though, I think I'm going to be a sucker and buy a kids book - "Herb, the Vegetarian Dragon" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Talks that will be on on the day:

13:00-13:30 Rina Whyte (BDes, Dip Nutritional Therapy)
    Healthy Vegetarian Options for All

13:30-14:00 Stephanie O'Flynn (NUI, Galway)
    Irish Animal Protection Laws

14:00-14:30 John Carmody (Animal Rights Action Network)
    One Can Make A Difference

14:30-15:00 Dr Jon Green (Chief Executive, The Vegetarian Society, UK)
    Challenges for Vegetarianism in the 21st Century: Taking the Arguments to a Wider Audience

15:00-15:30 Silvia Packter (Sseduced Raw Foods)
    Raw Lifestyle in Action

15:30-16:00 Ed Long (ALiberation)
    Fur Factory Farms in Ireland

16:00-16:30 Dr Vincent Carroll (former chairperson of the Vegetation Society of Ireland)
    Lifestyle, Diet and Health

Advertisement