Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitchen equipment

Options
  • 17-09-2011 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

So im looking for kitchen equipment for my kitchen at home! But dont know what online shops to use or what shops are in dublin!
    Also id like some tips on things i need to get and how much i should be paying etc
    Example of things im looking to buy is like a rosting dish that i can put on a gas hob before it goes in to over, any ive looked at so far just dont seem up to the job to weak etc
    then some gadgets like cup and spoon messureing things, and so on, really like to cook but find i never seem to have what i need so host this topic!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Whitehawk wrote: »
    So im looking for kitchen equipment for my kitchen at home! But dont know what online shops to use or what shops are in dublin!
    Also id like some tips on things i need to get and how much i should be paying etc
    Example of things im looking to buy is like a rosting dish that i can put on a gas hob before it goes in to over, any ive looked at so far just dont seem up to the job to weak etc
    then some gadgets like cup and spoon messureing things, and so on, really like to cook but find i never seem to have what i need so host this topic!

Ikea might be a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Ikea is an excellent place to start, very reasonable prices for kitchen goods, the only thing I would pay more for is their knives, while the budget knives are perfectly serviceable, it really is worth spending a little extra to get a decent set with good sharp edges-you will be using them the most. The pots, pans and roasting dishes are brilliant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

www.lakeland.co.uk have a really good selection of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

www.lakeland.co.uk have a really good selection of stuff
    will check this group out cheers
    shinikins wrote: »
    Ikea is an excellent place to start, very reasonable prices for kitchen goods, the only thing I would pay more for is their knives, while the budget knives are perfectly serviceable, it really is worth spending a little extra to get a decent set with good sharp edges-you will be using them the most. The pots, pans and roasting dishes are brilliant though.
    ya checked them out today they where ok but looking for higher end stuff there roasting dishes for example where fine for roasting but im looking for ones i can put right on top of gas as well to seer the meat and so on..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

The sales in Arnotts are great – keep an eye out for Circulon, Le Creuset, WMF etc. Kildare village is also brilliant with the Tefal shop – they’ve LOADS of great things and nifty gadets. And the Le Creuset place is out there too. Defo worth a trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

olaola wrote: »
    The sales in Arnotts are great – keep an eye out for Circulon, Le Creuset, WMF etc. Kildare village is also brilliant with the Tefal shop – they’ve LOADS of great things and nifty gadets. And the Le Creuset place is out there too. Defo worth a trip.
    ya that sounds good thanks will look in to getting out there
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭JackN688

OP THE ROASTING DISH FOR GOING ON HOB TO OVEN,
    LE CRUESET DO A CANST IRON DISH, THAT MAY WORK
    i HAVE AN OLD ENAMEL SELF BASTING ROASTER, I USE THE BOTTOM HALF FOR THE SAME THING YOU MENTIONED. ITS BEEN AROUND A WHILE (MY PARENTS OWNED IT), SO DONT ASK WHERE I GOT IT :p
    MIND YOU IN ARGOS THEY DO A SIMILAR ONE IN BLACK.

Advertisement