Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cube EPO - a good looking e-bike?

• 17-09-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Had a short spin on a Cube Epo today and liked it more than I care to admit. If I had the space and the means I'd be happy to keep one in the shed for those really windy days on the uphill commute home. For an e-bike it looks great, bloody heavy though! Oh, and it €2600.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭karlmyson

A most unfortunate name for a bike though! Although maybe quite appropriate given the battery assistance.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

quenching wrote: »
    Had a short spin on a Cube Epo today and liked it more than I care to admit. If I had the space and the means I'd be happy to keep one in the shed for those really windy days on the uphill commute home. For an e-bike it looks great, bloody heavy though! Oh, and it €2600.
    EPO? Are they serious? Dynamic Drug Assist feature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

I don't know anything about the bike but I have to say... I'm amazed they called it the EPO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Grand bike,but the Kelly's Cocaine Snorter is cheaper,and the Trek Cough Bottle Enhancer,thou a bit more expensive,is lighter!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Grand bike,but the Kelly's Cocaine Snorter is cheaper,and the Trek Cough Bottle Enhancer,thou a bit more expensive,is lighter!!
    how do they compare to the specialized sirloin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

karlmyson wrote: »
    A most unfortunate name for a bike though! Although maybe quite appropriate given the battery assistance.
    smashing name for it imo, I presume the e is for electric, great pun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Reminds me of when Umbro had a Zyklon running shoe.

(That was much worse, obviousy.)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1405692/Umbro-drops-its-Zyklon-shoe-after-Jewish-protests.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

OK I'm obviously missing something here- what's wrong with the name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

EPO (erythropoietin) is a drug used to raise the red blood cell count, giving athletes an unfair advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

tomasrojo wrote: »
    EPO (erythropoietin) is a drug used to raise the red blood cell count, giving athletes an unfair advantage.

I never knew that and on knowing that now.... it's pretty hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Great name, the next model should be the Cube Cancellara ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Aero seatpost looks all sorts of ridiculous on a battery powered hybrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Cube have a penchant for stupid names as far as I can see. The Cube Agree is a strange one but the Attempt is a different level of fail altogether. You might as well call it the Cube Loser or Cube Tryer, implying that you'll try but will always eventually fail.
    At the other end of the spectrum Kona get the award for the best names in the business. Who wouldn't want a Kona Sex? Personally I'd kill for a Kona Stab. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

EPO makes sense for a assisted machine.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Design for purists who want to strike with "understatement".
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

coolbeans wrote: »
    Cube have a penchant for stupid names as far as I can see. The Cube Agree is a strange one but the Attempt is a different level of fail altogether. You might as well call it the Cube Loser or Cube Tryer, implying that you'll try but will always eventually fail.
    At the other end of the spectrum Kona get the award for the best names in the business. Who wouldn't want a Kona Sex? Personally I'd kill for a Kona Stab. :p

Cove, nuff said ;)

Advertisement