Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best town/part of Wexford?

Options
  • 17-09-2011 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Hello

I don't know Wexford at all but I'm wondering what would be the best part to live in?

Preferably near a beach with some kind of public transport, possibly near the train. I'm into horses and would like to get out of Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 museologist

Hello

I don't know Wexford at all but I'm wondering what would be the best part to live in?

Preferably near a beach with some kind of public transport, possibly near the train. I'm into horses and would like to get out of Dublin.

Thanks

Rosslare Strand - its got a railway station on the Dublin line and I'm fairly sure it has a bus service into Wexford town of some description. Not sure about the horsey situation though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Gorey, Enniscorthy, Wexford & Rosslare all have train stations.

I'm not sure if they will let you take the horse on the train with you though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Perhaps a nice drive down the N11 would help you,the railway pretty much runs in the same direction and services the major towns apart from New Ross which has no railway line.Good bus connections along the route aswell,all towns within about 15 mins drive from the beach.Rosslare is beside the beach.

Wexford Town might be your best bet,all you need shopping wise etc,near to the beaches and good public transport links.Racecourse is in the town aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

Wexford town is probably your best bet with what youve described... racetrack in town, curracloe beach(where saving private ryan was filmed) is 10 mins away or rosslare beach is 15-20 mins... both beaches beautiful!

Trains run to Rosslare daily and also wexford bus run to rosslare strand on the hour every hour up to around 6/7 in the evening. There is inner circle bus routes to wherever you want to go in town and also a college in wexford town which is growing year on year and ran in association with Carlow I.T.

Wexford is good for going out in, has all the shops you need and more...there is always somthing on every weekend, some sort of festival and has some great pubs in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Thanks everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Do people ride horses on curracloe and Rosslare beach?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 museologist

Do people ride horses on curracloe and Rosslare beach?

Yes, I've seen them on Curracloe Beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

ive seen horses on the beach regularly and especially over the summer but in the last year its not allowed anymore officially. there is a sign up about it but i dont think its very strictly enforced as i have seen horses there after this sign was put up...but you may be fined if caught... but i think the policing of this area is very little or none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Fergality

There's a stables and horse riding club (for want of the correct term) literally five minutes awy from Curracloe beach. But like was mentioned already, riding on the beach is strictly prohibited these days!

Advertisement