Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healing tatoo and bepanthen cream

• 17-09-2011 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭

Folks,

My tat is in the healing stages and starting to get flaky which I was told is normal. I was just wondering do I still have to apply the cream during the stage when it gets flaky and the scab forms?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭hairy sailor

yeah defo,if it scabs up tp much the scab can lift the colour out,keep the cream on it till its completely healed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

Thanks hairy sailor. I have one more question. Do I use the cream sparingly or use plenty of it when I apply it 3 times a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

billyhead wrote: »
    Thanks hairy sailor. I have one more question. Do I use the cream sparingly or use plenty of it when I apply it 3 times a day

Somewhere in the middle. You want it covered but not smothered in cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Use enough to cover the tattoo, but not enough that you can still see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Bepanthan is quite a thick cream so just make sure you rub in right in to the tattoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 EmmaMarie_X

I used Bebanthem on mine for about a week and kept usin it if there was still scabs...definetly keep usin it :)

Does the cream have much of an effect on the healing? I know this is a stupid question but by using it can it improce the aesthetic view of the tatoo after its fully healed i.e if you were not applying the cream as directed the tatoo may look worse off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

The colour will look much richer

I had my tatoo done on September 9th and I was wondering how many times ould i need to apply the cream per day now. It looks like its fully healed already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

i wouldnt be puttin cream on my tattoo after 21 days.usually 2 weeks is enough,mayb other peoples bodys are different healing times but after 10 - 14 days i stop using cream and just let it air out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Personally, I'd tend to use it for 3-4 weeks, but just apply it sparingly, and only maybe once a day at that stage. Depends on how well it's healing to be honest. Just good to keep them moisturised because though they may look almost healed, there could still be a lot going on in there healing-wise.

Advertisement