Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving to Cashel

Options
  • 17-09-2011 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey folks im thinking of moving to Cashel,im currently living in Thurles and work in Clonmel,i think Cashel would be ideal as its between the two,Im just wondering what cashel is like to live in,i hear mixed reports that it can be rough,and wat activities are there to do in the town thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

DecTipp wrote: »
    Hey folks im thinking of moving to Cashel,im currently living in Thurles and work in Clonmel,i think Cashel would be ideal as its between the two,Im just wondering what cashel is like to live in,i hear mixed reports that it can be rough,and wat activities are there to do in the town thanks!!

Hey DecTipp,

Living in cashel myself nearly two years. Heard lots of mixed reports before moving here but am glad to say my experience has been all good. Rent is cheap, definitely more for your money here in comparison to clonmel or thurles. From what I have heard most estates are ok, Spafield and Castlegreen don't have a great rep but don't know either area personally.

In regards to activities not that much to do in the town itself, some night classes starting up. A few clubs around too, and nightlife is good at the weekends. Overall not a bad place, good supermarkets, pubs and 24 hour facilities so its handy.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Not sure what the gym situation is in Cashel (if you're interested in that kind of thing), but Duneske is only 10-15 minutes down the M8 in Cahir. I've seen quite a few Cashel people at the gym there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 curtainpoles

dont move to cahsel! I lived there for 9 years growing up!! its an awful hole of a place! ...but thats just my opinion :)

on th eplus side a lot of my friends still live there and yeh rent is cheap, your on the motor way, mc donalds is there now, LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

DecTipp wrote: »
    I moved to cashel 3 years ago and i love the the place rent is cheap people are lovely and i met the love of my life here. There is nothing wrong with castlegreen i live there and never had any trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Why don't you look for a house share in Cashel for a month or two, be up front about it, suggest you put a notice in that good supermarket in the town. Would be interested to know how it works out for you, maybe PM me in a few months time if you feel like it. Anyway I wish you the best of luck in your move.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement