Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

when i can apply for my provisional?

• 17-09-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭mps oshea

just pasted my theory test today and i am 16. do i have to wait untill i am 17 to apply for my provisonal or can i apply for it now?

Comments

it's "passed", it's a learner permit not a provisional, and read the faq
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056285520
    2. How do I get my first learner permit?

To apply for a Category B learner permit, you must be at least 17 years old, be ordinarily resident in the Republic of Ireland, hold a current theory test certificate, and have had an eyesight report form (Form D.502) completed by an optician or doctor not more than one month before submitting your application.

You can get a learner permit application form (Form D.201) from your local Motor Tax Office, Garda Station, Citizens Information Centre, or public library. Alternatively, visit this webpage to request a form by post. (You cannot download and print Form D.201 because it contains adhesive labels.)

Take (or post) the completed application form to your local Motor Tax Office, along with:
    A birth certificate or passport (originals or certified copies; photocopies not accepted)
    An eyesight report form completed by an optician or doctor within the past month
    Your original theory test certificate
    Two identical passport-sized photographs, both signed on the back
    The application fee (cheque or postal order required if applying by post; cash accepted if applying in person)
    If you are over 70 years old, suffer from a disability or disease that may affect your ability to drive, and/or take drugs or medication that could impair your ability to drive safely, you will also have to submit a medical report form (Form D.501) completed by a registered medical practitioner.

In most cases, your learner permit will be posted out to you within a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭mps oshea

Advertisement