If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody managed to get stands for the monitor audio vector speakers?

Options
  • 17-09-2011 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

this is beginning to do my head in.

i have been looking around to get stands for the speakers linked but to no avail despite looking everywhere.

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/vector/v10/

the bolt needed to secure the speakers to a stand or wall bracket is also hard to find, basically it's 1/4" UNC 20 TPI Thread ... the length needs to be 3/4". which is an American standardso not easily got. i looked on ebay but no joy.

basically has anybody got stands for these speakers? , i know a few people took up the offer on here at the time to buy the denon av receiver and the monitor speakers.

any info gratefully appreciated!!!!!!

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

The wait goes on...

seriously had i known in advance just how difficult it would be to source stands for these speakers i would never have bought them in the first place.

you live and you learn i guess.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

who_ru wrote: »
    Hi all,

this is beginning to do my head in.

i have been looking around to get stands for the speakers linked but to no avail despite looking everywhere.

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/vector/v10/

the bolt needed to secure the speakers to a stand or wall bracket is also hard to find, basically it's 1/4" UNC 20 TPI Thread ... the length needs to be 3/4". which is an American standardso not easily got. i looked on ebay but no joy.

basically has anybody got stands for these speakers? , i know a few people took up the offer on here at the time to buy the denon av receiver and the monitor speakers.

any info gratefully appreciated!!!!!!

thanks.

Who,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - on the screw front we probably have the screws available from stock - give Dave or Kenny a call in-store and they will ship some out to you Free of charge no problem (hopefully they will be the correct length..)

On the stand front - yep I agree its frustrating that MA don't make a dedicated Vector stand - they make dedicated Radius and Apex range stands - the issue I would guess is that the Vectors are not really satellite sized speakers and they just about require a 'proper' speaker stand.

If any of you guys are interested we will happily do you a boardie deal on the T80 / T50 or soundstyle Z2i's ..

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and keep Mc posted if we can assist in ANY way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for getting back, I'd be interested in the Z2's or T80's, can you PM me the nice deal you'll give me?;)

Hi John,

I'd also be interested in the T80 stands if you can do a deal. PM welcome.

Thanks,

who_ru

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 grimbo

They list a OEM bracket on their site:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/vector/v10/#/accessories

instructions here:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/assets/files/manuals/v10-v20-bx-br-speaker-bracket-instructions.pdf

I emailed them and...
    Date: Sep 23, 2011 9:03 a.m.
    Subject: RE: speaker brackets
    To: "Graham Abell" <x@gmail.com>

We will have brackets available as of next week I hope!

The quickest way to order them is via the store that you got your vector system.

Thanks

Karen

...which would be you guys.

Are you getting them in? How much are they going to cost? I'd want 5 [one for each speaker]. The instructions indicate they are suitable for both v10 and v20 speakers.

Thanks,
    Graham

grimbo wrote: »
    They list a OEM bracket on their site:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/vector/v10/#/accessories

instructions here:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/assets/files/manuals/v10-v20-bx-br-speaker-bracket-instructions.pdf

I emailed them and...

...which would be you guys.

Are you getting them in? How much are they going to cost? I'd want 5 [one for each speaker]. The instructions indicate they are suitable for both v10 and v20 speakers.

Thanks,
    Graham

Guys,

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you..

I know this is mad - I'm getting them in next week - but I dont have a price yet...:o

I should know on Monday - Kick me then..

On the T80 - if you have bought a Vector - I'll do the T80's or the T70's at £34.95/Pair.

Again apologies for the delay and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Any word on a price for the brackets? Possibly interested in the T80s still trying to figure out which would be better for me.

Any word on a price for the brackets? Possibly interested in the T80s still trying to figure out which would be better for me.

Scheming - apologies for the delay getting back to you - the dedicated brackets are £24.95..

Keep mc posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Is the 24.95 a pair or each? Still thinking which to go for, hopefully will make my mind up by tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Hi John,

If you have them can you put me down for a pair of T80s & T70s please.

i just had a quick look at the richersounds website there and the T70s weren't showing up.

if the T70s aren't available then i'll take 2 pair of T80s.

what would the shipping to Dublin be on these?

Dave in Belfast has my shipping details.

Thanks John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Is the 24.95 a pair or each? Still thinking which to go for, hopefully will make my mind up by tomorrow.

Hi there.

They are priced at £24.95 per pair and we have some arriving in tomorrow.

Keep us posted.

ATB

Dave

Hi Who.

Did you get the screws ?

We have Pixel T80's in stock but I believe John meant Pixel T50's which are the other ones that we do.

Shipping would be £12.99 for up to 4 pairs.

Give me a buzz on 00443339000071 if you want me to fire ahead as I'll need to get your payment details again. :eek:

Cheers

Dave

who_ru wrote: »
    Hi John,

If you have them can you put me down for a pair of T80s & T70s please.

i just had a quick look at the richersounds website there and the T70s weren't showing up.

if the T70s aren't available then i'll take 2 pair of T80s.

what would the shipping to Dublin be on these?

Dave in Belfast has my shipping details.

Thanks John.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Frank11

I'll take a set of the v10 wall brackets for collection in Philips shop, dublin (i assume they are 2 per pack so i require 2 packs for 4 sepakers). i want to repalce the plastic brackets i got from you some time ago.
    Thanks.
    Scheming - apologies for the delay getting back to you - the dedicated brackets are £24.95..

Keep mc posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Frank.

I will have someone heading to the Philips shop at some stage, but not sure when.

Give us a call on 0044 333 900 0070 and we can take the details for you so we can reserve them on the system.

Many thanks

Dave

will give you a call tomorrow to order this (hopefully).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭nw1dqsv7amx026

Hi there.

They are priced at £24.95 per pair and we have some arriving in tomorrow.

Keep us posted.

ATB

Dave

Hi,
    Did these brackets arrive?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Actually I will take a pair of them too if they are still in stock.

Hi,
    Did these brackets arrive?
    thanks

Guys,

yep we have a (very) few of these in stock with lots more due in the next couple of weeks - and yes they do work with the BX Bronze series as well - so if you would like to grab a pair just drop us an email to sales@richersounds.ie or of course a PM and we will get you sorted.

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Tarnation - I was not going to be tempted.

Can you hold a pair for me, John? I'll give you a bell tomorrow.
    :)

• Advertisement

Mine arrived yesterday. Thanks for everything John and Dave.

Now to put them up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

bucks73 wrote: »
    Mine arrived yesterday. Thanks for everything John and Dave.

Now to put them up. :D

I know it's been a while since you last posted here, but how do you find the speaker brackets? I want to get speaker stands but I find the ones mentioned above are too short.

They work perfect for where I use them. They are supporting the two rear speakers and are high up on the wall behind my viewing position. I use standard stands for the front two speakers. Got them from the lads here too but cant recall the make and model.

Hi Richersounds Dave & Kenny,

How do the Monitor Audio V10's attach to the T80s? I would maybe be looking at getting two pairs.

Thanks.

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Hi Richersounds Dave & Kenny,

How do the Monitor Audio V10's attach to the T80s? I would maybe be looking at getting two pairs.

Thanks.

Hi Hadoken,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The base on the T80s is big enough for the speaker just to sit on. The V10s sit on just nicely.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi Hadoken,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The base on the T80s is big enough for the speaker just to sit on. The V10s sit on just nicely.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Thanks Dave.

I would be a bit cautious on just sitting the speakers on the stands - could be knocked over very easily.

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Thanks Dave.

I would be a bit cautious on just sitting the speakers on the stands - could be knocked over very easily.

Hi Hadoken,

There is no real way of attaching the speakers to the stands. You can put screws in to hold the speakers, this wouldn't work with the V10s though.

You could stick on a bit of blu-tac to hold the speakers down? Not idea but would work.

Chris

I have my front V10s sitting on their stands and they are grand.

One solution that I had supplied with an old set of speaker stands years ago was similar to the blu tac, it came with small square velcro strips. Attach a few of the furry sides to the speaker and the grippy sides to the stand and hey presto! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Guys

Do you have any of these left in stock?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Guys

Do you have any of these left in stock?

Cheers
    Hi Mountjoy Mugger.

Which of the stands listed are you interested in?

Mentioned in the old posts were the:

Pixel T50 priced at £39.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-stands/pixel/t50/pixe-t50-stand

Pixel T80 priced at £49.95 
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-stands/pixel/t80/pixe-t80-stand

Soundstyle Z2 priced at £69.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-stands/soundstyle/z2/soun-z2-blk

Delivery would come in at £12.99

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.