Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular landlord inspections?

Options
  • 17-09-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Am renting a house the last 6 weeks through an estate agent. We've pointed out a few things wrong which they didn't fix. So I wrote a letter and now they're going to carry out the repairs. But now the landlord wants to inspect the property, the estate agent told us the landlord wants to inspect every 3 months is this normal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

LaLucy wrote: »
    Am renting a house the last 6 weeks through an estate agent. We've pointed out a few things wrong which they didn't fix. So I wrote a letter and now they're going to carry out the repairs. But now the landlord wants to inspect the property, the estate agent told us the landlord wants to inspect every 3 months is this normal?
    Every 3 months would not be normal but is accepable. I wouldn't accept any more regular visits myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭LaLucy

I know, I don't really want regular visits as we've signed a year lease and have a baby so it's a bit inconvenient to have to vacate the place every few months so they can look around. Can't wait to own some day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

The handyman's encyclopaedia recommends that a house should be inspected every three months. In reality very few landlords will turn up every three months.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

LaLucy wrote: »
    it's a bit inconvenient to have to vacate the place every few months so they can look around.
    You don't have to vacate the place, any inspection can be done with you still on the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭LaLucy

You don't have to vacate the place, any inspection can be done with you still on the premises.

That's brill, I think we'll stay put while they look around then. I've never experienced a landlord wanting to do this before, it's probably because everything in the house is brand new. Thanks for help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The landlord just wants to know you haven't trashed the place and don't have 23 people living there.

Advertisement