Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! 81 days worked for second year visa

Options
  • 17-09-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I was in Australia in 2006 and worked two jobs in regional Australia totaling 81 days. I have proof of this work.

My problem is that I was really set on applying for my second year visa and I thought I had the 3 months up until I had a look at my documents.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice. <Snip>don't even think of asking it

Any advice is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod No talk of illegal activity please, that includes "can I say I worked 3 months"

It can also depend on how many weeks you worked.
    if full time work is considered to be 5 days a week, then you need to work for a 3 month period (13 weeks)

so how was the work broken up?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭memaul

hussey wrote: »
    Mod No talk of illegal activity please, that includes "can I say I worked 3 months"

It can also depend on how many weeks you worked.
    if full time work is considered to be 5 days a week, then you need to work for a 3 month period (13 weeks)

so how was the work broken up?

Sorry Hussey,

From start to finish I had 38 days in my first job. This included Sat & Sun which I did not work. In my next job from start to finish I had 41 days. I worked Sat & Sun on the this job every second week.

I have attached a copy of my personal summary history report for one of the jobs and also payslips from the other job. Tough work trying to get this information last year when I started looking into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hussey was checking if you were refering to 81 works days or calender days. The latter can count for full time work.

You have 80 days worked. So You are a week short. Simply put, you don't qualify for a 2nd WHV and there is nothing you can legally do to get around this

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

If you work 4 days out of 7 on a regional area in a week I think you can put this down for 7. It's takes into account of the sundays and saturdays.

I was a few days short and asked the farmer to sign me off for 14 days more. I had been there for ages not getting signed off so I felt justified in asking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you work 4 days out of 7 on a regional area in a week I think you can put this down for 7. It's takes into account of the sundays and saturdays.
    No, if 4 days a week is the normal working week, then each week counts as 7 days and not jsut the 4 days you workd.

Doesn't apply to the OP as he is counting his days off. ie His 42 days was 6 seeks working there
    I was a few days short and asked the farmer to sign me off for 14 days more. I had been there for ages not getting signed off so I felt justified in asking it.
    What do you mean you were there for ages not gettign signed off.
    If you were working there then if counts. You don't need individual weeks "signed off"

• Advertisement
Advertisement