Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet projector

Options
  • 17-09-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

i have recently purchased an android tablet, i want to use this for teaching. In my school, every classroom has a pc which is connected to a data projector, i want to know can i wirelessly connect to the pc in the classroom to display whats on my tablet on the data projector?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,918 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Which tablet. There are about 100 Android tablet types out there, each running different Android OS versions, proprietary features, connection types, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bomber2312

the tablet is an asus transformer, running android 3.0(honeycomb)

thanks in advance for any help?

So the Transformer has a mini HDMI port on it. You can use that to connect it to the projector, depending on what inputs the projector has. example: http://www.shopfsi.com/6_Mini_HDMI_to_DVI_Cable_p/minihdmi-dvi-6ft.htm

It also has a feature called Waveshare which among other things can let you connect to a DNLA-certified Wireless Media Extender. Based on the settings (you'd have to poke around) it should be possible to treat the PC in the room as the extender, to view videos etc. from the tablet directly onto the PC and by extension the Projector.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bomber2312

Overheal, Thank you so much for your advice, i am in very much over my head.

I teach maths, i move from classroom to classroom, so i would not be able to set up a connection with a mini hdmi every class as it would take to long, aslo the projector is mounted from the ceiling and it would take a ladder for little old me to connect anything to the back of it.

On the waveshare issue....please bear with me, for each lesson i would basically be writing a new presentation where i would write out different questions and examples on each slide, would waveshare display this on the pc or is it only media?

thanks in advance

Well the PC in the room is connected to the projector. You'd have to talk with your school's IT department to review whats possible. If the PCs are hooked to the Projector via HDMI that would be the best possible outcome.

• Advertisement
Advertisement