Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed with foster doggie

• 17-09-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Clear head this morning so not seem as bad. Thanks portgirl.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

my first port of call would be to inform the rescue that you are fostering him for. they should be able to give you advise. until i get through to the rescue i would make sure there supervised 24/7 never left alone. how did you introduce them? i think the best way is to meet on nuetral ground, walk etc. i know you said you did this but they need more than one meeting before you know if they are going to hit it of.
    is the foster fella neutered? how old is he? are your 2 netered? I would deff for now keep them seperated.
    poor dog is prob feeling very unsettled and just needs a few days to feel secure, same with your dogs.
    i think what im trying to say is at the moment, until you can talk to the rescue, i would keep them completely sep, bring them out together on lots of meets, on nuetral grounds, if this starts to work start them meeting for short bursts inside but keep them all on leads so if they do start you have full control of things.
    id say, like humans somethimes dogs wont get on, if not the rescue should be able to take dog back. if this happens dont let this put you of fostering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Locking on request from OP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement