Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plugs and Tunnels - Swapping / Selling?

Options
  • 17-09-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Hey guys and dolls!

What do you people do with jewellery if you stretch up? Do you sell/swap? Are there any shops that will take it off your hands?

I'm currently at 11ish mm. Going as far as 14 i think, well so far the plan is to stop there.

I have about 9 pairs of 16mm, which were sent to me in error, and I don't think I'll ever get that big. And also some 10mm, and some random other bits and pieces. While i'd like someone to get some use out of them, I spent hard earned money on them, so don't wanna just give em away, and none of my mates have stretched lobes anyway! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Any pics of the 16mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

There's a big enough trading scene in america I think. However the cleanliness of it all I would question. I gave away some of my smaller jewellery years ago but haven't done so in recent times.

Studios as far as I know won't take used jewellery, personally I wouldn't wear jewellery that's been worn by someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

When I was being stretched up years ago in Wildcat (2000-2003) they used to switch out my jewellery and give me the new bits for free, I'm pretty sure they used to clean and autoclave it there in the shop but I doubt they do it anymore unfortunately!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Will wrote: »

Studios as far as I know won't take used jewellery, personally I wouldn't wear jewellery that's been worn by someone else.
    yeah but the 16mm haven't been used yet, could be handy for me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

The 16mm have come from a friend of mine who had a huge collection of stuff (so have been worn), asked for her 14mm stuff and she put together a bag of stuff, but after a recent (Will came to my rescue :) ) incident, I won't put anything in without measuring myself.

I'm not too worried bout buying 2nd hand stuff, a good scald and disinfect and I'm happy to put into a healed ear.

And like someone has said above, I have had shop swap stuff over for me when getting pierced/streched, but as also stated, they would probably autoclave it.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't try disinfect organics (wood/horn/bone) or acrylic/plastic etc with anything like bleach or soaking as it will ruin it. You can't really disinfect is as it will absorb whatever is near it, be it the person's ear scuzz (sebum) or bleach. Steel & titanium can be autoclaved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I have tons of old plugs and tunnels (up to 14mm) from while I was stretching, some really pretty ones so it felt like a waste to just leave them sitting there, a friend of mine is stretching up so she took a few off my hands, after a thorough cleaning of course!

What are the 16mm like?

Here's some bad (in fact god awful) pics of the 16mm, the smaller claw ones are 4mm, and the small blue is a radom 8mm I have.

Without flash:
    045.jpg

With flash:

044.jpg

Are the second pair in the first row single flared tunnels?

No, they are externally threaded double flared. (The pink pair)

• Advertisement

Shelli2 wrote: »
    No, they are externally threaded double flared. (The pink pair)

Sorry, thats my bad, I meant the second pair in the first column!

They are actually a very thin silicone type pair, very flimsy tbh, I can't imagine wearing them, they dont feel like they could keep a hole open, if ya get me?

Awh that's a pity! Im in the market for a a pair of single flared tunnels, probably pick up a pair in town tomorrow!

The silver star ones are single flare, with o-rings on the back.

The silver star ones are single flare, with o-rings on the back.

What size are they?

16mm. You can have the whole lot if ya want. I'll just be glad to see them go to someone who might get some use out of them.

16mm. You can have the whole lot if ya want. I'll just be glad to see them go to someone who might get some use out of them.

Deal!! :D

Tried to PM ya, says your inbox is full :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What 10mm ones have ya got?

I'll gather them up and take some pics for ya. It could be a week or so, the 10mm are in my parents house iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

No worries, would prob be interested in taking a few pairs off you

Tried to PM ya, says your inbox is full :D

Damn! Ill sort that out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

I really love the 8mm tunnel, but I'm broke. Gls. :3

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Awh that's a pity! Im in the market for a a pair of single flared tunnels, probably pick up a pair in town tomorrow!

why dont you buy some from a website and have them mailed to you

i started stretching recently and when i went into town to various places the prices of the jewelery is double the price of what the same stuff costs on the web

for 40 euro 2 weeks ago i got 2 bottles of different oils (emu and naked oil).i got a hardened plastic calipers for measuring jewelery,i got 5 pairs of plugs and also got 12 extra O-rings

for 40 euro here i would be lucky to get 3 pairs of plugs.i was disgusted of the prices.postage from usa is only a euro

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

could you post a link to the site ya got them off please?

CyberJuice wrote: »
    why dont you buy some from a website and have them mailed to you

i started stretching recently and when i went into town to various places the prices of the jewelery is double the price of what the same stuff costs on the web

for 40 euro 2 weeks ago i got 2 bottles of different oils (emu and naked oil).i got a hardened plastic calipers for measuring jewelery,i got 5 pairs of plugs and also got 12 extra O-rings

for 40 euro here i would be lucky to get 3 pairs of plugs.i was disgusted of the prices.postage from usa is only a euro

You gotta wonder about the quality of the jewellery though you are getting, €40 for 3 pairs of plugs is pretty cheap. What material are they? I assume you got them from bodyartforms? They sell some great stuff - world class, they also stock somethings I consider dangerous to the health of your lobes.

Will wrote: »
    You gotta wonder about the quality of the jewellery though you are getting, €40 for 3 pairs of plugs is pretty cheap. What material are they? I assume you got them from bodyartforms? They sell some great stuff - world class, they also stock somethings I consider dangerous to the health of your lobes.

yeah i buy all my jewelery from bodyartforms.com

the ones im wearing at the moment are made by gorilla glass,they seem good quality,and ive also got some metal ones with black o rings either side.

mostly im sticking to metal and glass plugs,i do have 1 pair of acrylic type ones but my ears are not big enough yet,.id go so far as to say 99 percent of their stuff is good quality and as good as anything youd buy in town and they are cheaper.ill get some of them earskins when im at my goal size,they look cool as hell

what stuff is dangerous to the lobes

Gorilla glass are quality. Love the power plugs, have a few pairs myself. Acrylic is what I'm talking about and some of the wood, they had large gauge labrets a few months back that were clearly made by someone who'd no clue yet they sold them on, all be it for a hugely discounted price but if anyone actually wore them their gums would be gone in a matter of weeks they were so poorly made.

what stuff is dangerous to lobes - acrylic I think, but purely personal choice to be honest. Some woods can be harmful e.g bubinga - seen some people sell it on etsy. Clay/fimo clay also seems popular on etsy, don't know why people put it in their ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

So in short keep it glass and metal? Think i'm gonna start soon.

• Advertisement

Yes you ant go wrong with glass and metal

You should never put acrylic/plastic plugs into a freshly pierced or strecthed ear. these materials can tend to stick to the ears and also can irritate youe ears.you should not get any irritation with glass and steel

If your gonna be tapering you should not use acrylic tapers,use steel ones. you should get your ears pierced at as big a size as poissible this will mean it will take less time to get to yout goal size and save on buyin some smaller jewelery, most places pierce at 1.2 or 1.6mm.when you go to get it done ask them can they pierce you at 2mm or 3mm or even mayb 4mm

check out bodyartforms.com they have all the stuff youll ever need

Advertisement