Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Aritech CD7203 to Honeywell Informa Speech Dialler

Options
  • 17-09-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all

I have an Aritech CD 7203 alarm panel and I am trying to fit a Honeywell Informa Speech Dialler to it. I have the dialler mostly set up:

Connected to +15vdc supply, unit powered up and phone numbers programmed, sequence of phone calls selected, connected to working phone line all good so far,

My problem is getting the dialler to make a call when the alarm is active I have tried:

Connecting the Alarm input (IP1) on the dialler to the outputs on the CD7203 in both active High and Active low settings.

Connecting the Alarm input (IP1) on the dialler to the bell output on the CD7203 in both active High and Active low settings.

I have no problem making test calls with the dialler so I feel I am missing something in how I am connecting the Dialler to the panel any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magicjj5

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67550850@N04/6156647697/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67550850@N04/6157189920/

These pics illustrate how I am connecting the dialler to the panel they are scanned from their respective manuals and I have edited them to show where I am connecting the two units together

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Do you have the manual for the speech dialer?

Have a look for what polarity trigger it needs to trigger it. Another thing you could try is to simply, with the trigger cable in your hand, touch it off the aux - on the panel and hold it on it for about twenty seconds. If it doesn't start then touch it off the + and again wait for twenty seconds.

If either one of those works post back here and we'll tell you how to do the rest.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you commoned the negetive between the panel and the digi ?

Hi Id like to respond straight away

To fred funk }{:
    I do have the manual for the Informa and it can be triggered by either active low (default setting) or active high I have tried both with the trigger wire from the panel.

To Kool Kid:
    I have only connected it as shown in the drawing im not sure how to common the zero on both units, if when using a bell output should I pull an additional zero cable from the bell output into the zero terminal of the dialler?

Don't worry about commoning the negative if the unit is being powered from the alarm panel.

I'll have look on the net for the manual myself so i can have a read of it.

• Advertisement

Hi

Yes the unit is being powered by the panel the manual is available to read online the full title is Honeywell informa speech dialer ADE Gen4 http://www.theelectricalcompany.co.uk/manuals/Speech_Diallers_Alarm_Engineers_manual.pdf

the model number off the back of the unit is 8Ep276A-UK

Thanks Fred Funk }{

Ok I had a quick read of the manual. What you need to do wire a single cable from the external bell negative trigger on the alarm panel and wire that into the imp1 on the Dialer.

On the Dialer programming, programme imp1 as Active low (-VE trigger) page 10 in the manual. This means when the bell triggers it gives the Dialer a negitive.

Excellent stuff not tried that, will post as soon as tried.

Thanks very much

Fred Funk}{

Wired up dialler as stated, set alarm, triggered alarm and hey presto phone call from dialler, excellent stuff greatly appreciated!!!

No probs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement