Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to keep my ears warm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Perhaps use a buff? http://www.buffwear.com/pages/welcome.php

I use mine when cycling, or sometimes make it into a hat for running, fold it over a few times and you'll have a headband out of it. Looks silly; but lets face it, anything that will cover your ears and nothing else is going to look daft. No doubt people already think you're a bit odd going running in the winter, so silly headgear isn't going to change their opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

rom wrote: »
    In the winter months I always seem to get sick. Its down to bascially I get an infection when my ears are not covered. As I am training for DCM I am wondering what are my options to keep my ears warm but a big hat is just too warm. Earmitts http://www.trisports.com/earmitts.html Running headband http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004CU86WI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_d0_g193_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=16ZETZH63BMVBWR4G4PS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294 Now both of these are mad and I will look like a bit of a noob with them on. What should I do, what does everone else do to keep their ears warm ?
    I'm not being smart here but with cold ears and cold legs I really think you should get your circulation looked at. Leg warmers, buffs and the like to me would only be masking an underlying condition.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've a ronhill baseball cap that has fold down 'ear muffs' never actually used the ear muffs myself, wouldn't really feel the cold once I get moving.

Can't seem to find a link to the cap, it might be re-released in winter. Think I got it from wiggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

I'm not being smart here but with cold ears and cold legs I really think you should get your circulation looked at. Leg warmers, buffs and the like to me would only be masking an underlying condition.

I only want to wear something like this when I run over 15 miles. I always do these runs in the evening. I am very prone to geting colds and flu's even before I started running. Regarding cold legs, its more that I could run faster but I don't as training for DCM. Bad circulation is someone who feels cold all the time. I am the complete opposite. The reason I wear leg warmers is that bascially my legs work best at certain temp. I dont want wear a hat cause I will overheat but I want to keep my ears covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

Buff. Its a hat or a scarf or an ear warmer... Loadsa options

• Advertisement
Advertisement