Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support your Fire Fighters wear RED on 23/09/11

Options
  • 18-09-2011 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me sharing this with you.

Thanks in advance.

On Friday the 23rd of September Fire Fighters from around Ireland will hold a family friendly rally outside the Dail. Fire Fighters are calling for the cuts to the Irish Fire Service to Stop and for the reforms to the Irish Fire service to Start. These cuts will put the lives of Fire Fighters and the community they protect at risk.

The spirit of the Croke Park Agreement was intended to deliver a better public service to the citizens of Ireland. The Irish Fire & Emergency Services Association (IFESA) believe this can be done and look forward to improvements in service delivery in the Fire Service. The Croke ParkAgreement should not be used as a means to implement cuts on essential Public Services. Certain services provided by public servants need to be protected and the finance for them ring fenced.

With local Councillors from Local Authorities around Ireland set to vote on these budget reductions in the near future, IFESA ask the Councillors if they really understand the implications of their actions for their constituents? They are playing with the lives of their Community and those who elected them.

As the majority of Fire Fighters in Ireland operate an on call pager system, they cannot leave their towns to attend the Rally*(In Dublin City & County area we are served by a full-time stations, be it under resourced compared to international best practice). Consequently, IFESA are asking you, their local community to support your Fire Fighters and help them protect your lives.

IFESA is calling for the communities of Ireland to support their local Fire Service by wearing RED on September the 23rd to show their support. We would urge people to take the time out of their busy lives and show their thanks for the work Fire Fighters do for them and attend the Rally outside The Dail @ 13:00hrs on Friday the 23rd of September. Fire Fighters from Northern Ireland and from Europe will be attending the Rally to show their support for their fellow Fire Fighters.They will all be in uniform.

WE NEED THE SUPPORT OF OUR COMMUNITIES

The 4th anniversary of the deaths of Sub Officer Brian Murray & Fire Fighter Mark O'Shaughnessy who made the ultimate sacrifice while fighting a fire in Bray ,will take place on the 26th of September.
    This event will be dedicated to the memory of the many Public servants who worked in the emergency service and lost their lives protecting the citizens of Ireland and their local community

We would ask people to share this event if on Facebook and spread the word by mouth as well or any other means https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=191975857538085

We would ask you to take on board what we are highlighting, you will either take it in or ignore it and move on.Only to remember when the time comes when you need us ,that we aren’t their in time to save your loved ones or your property.Its to late then.

Support your Fire Service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me sharing this with you.

IFESA is calling for the communities of Ireland to support their local Fire Service by wearing RED on September the 23rd to show their support. We would urge people to take the time out of their busy lives and show their thanks for the work Fire Fighters do for them and attend the Rally outside The Dail @ 13:00hrs on Friday the 23rd of September. Fire Fighters from Northern Ireland and from Europe will be attending the Rally to show their support for their fellow Fire Fighters.They will all be in uniform.

WE NEED THE SUPPORT OF OUR COMMUNITIES

We would ask people to share this event if on Facebook and spread the word by mouth as well or any other means https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=191975857538085

Support your Fire Service.

Why 1pm on a Friday? most people will still be at work..........I really hope you guys get the support you deserve.

Thanks for all your efforts

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

will definety be wearing red that day, can remember seeing fighters crying after attending a crash where a person died, reminds me of when a fire fighter known to the family responded to a crash when my uncle was killed. Little did he know until he arrived at the accident..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

My 3 cousins are Dublin firemen, I will be supporting them & there comrades 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Smokey Bear

EarlERizer
    I believe it was picked to cover lunch hour for those who work in the city and commute in.Thinking was they might find it easier to attend during lunch hour than coming back in when they are not working.

Thanks for all your support.Spread the word.Link to poster http://www.ifesa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=152:stop-the-cuts-to-the-irish-fire-service&catid=52:latest-news&Itemid=244

Smokey Bear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Smokey Bear

Reminder

Wear Red tomorrow to support your Fire Fighters
    Rally outside the Dail on Kildare Street @ 13:00hrs.

Thanks all.

Smokey Bear

• Advertisement
Advertisement