Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE-1 question [ foreign LL.B ]

Options
  • 18-09-2011 4:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

:) hi everyone. I have a question about the FE-1s. I'm a second year law student at a uni in the Netherlands doing an LL.B in Comparative law [hmm wanted to do something "exciting " after my Leavin]. However I would like to return to Ireland after my bachelor and take the FE-1s. I do not study Irish law as the part of my degree, but I partly study the law of England and Wales. In addition I'm hoping to spend the next year in Ireland as an exchange student. I know it might be a difficult task to pass the FE-1s with a foreign law degree so is there any advice anyone can give me? Maybe some literature to read etc. And perhaps a more fundamental question: Is it even possible for me to pass them? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭page1

:) hi everyone. I have a question about the FE-1s. I'm a second year law student at a uni in the Netherlands doing an LL.B in Comparative law [hmm wanted to do something "exciting " after my Leavin]. However I would like to return to Ireland after my bachelor and take the FE-1s. I do not study Irish law as the part of my degree, but I partly study the law of England and Wales. In addition I'm hoping to spend the next year in Ireland as an exchange student. I know it might be a difficult task to pass the FE-1s with a foreign law degree so is there any advice anyone can give me? Maybe some literature to read etc. And perhaps a more fundamental question: Is it even possible for me to pass them? Thanks :)

Hi, first off all you should check that your degree is recognised by the Law Society so you are eligible to sit the FE-1s. If not you will have to sit the preliminary exam- all info is on their website.
    As regards the difficulty of the exams , loads of people with non law degrees sit and pass them no problem.
    Your best bet would probably be to buy the manuals from Griffith or Independant colleges, there is a thread dedicated to the buying and selling of them on here, and study from those.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ahona

I have a foreign LLB too. I will probably appear for October 2019 exams. I have the following queries:
    1) Are exams theory based or case study based?
    2) Any tips on how to prepare?
    3) Any notes which students swear by?
    4) Any courses which I should take to make this journey more bearable?

Please feel free to share any advice that will help me prepare.

Advertisement