Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open mic nights?

• 18-09-2011 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

As the title says really. Just wondering are there any open mic nights on around the place these days? Something acoustic preferably.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

Think Lulu's cafe is thinking of starting it!

Read this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056385595

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kiteen

does anyone have any more open mic night suggestions??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

They're used to be one in The White House on a Wednesday night..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

moby2101 wrote: »
    They're used to be one in The White House on a Wednesday night..

That's the one for poetry. It's still done every Wednesday.

They used to do open mic singing as well on another night. Tuesday, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

The pub is there, some quiet space down the back for anybody wants to try do something, will give free teas and coffee's and do some "beverage" specials

Any evening during the week, yer more than welcome...

K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

Birdster wrote: »
    Think Lulu's cafe is thinking of starting it!

Read this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056385595

I know that quote was put up a while back but the Lulus thing never took off the ground. People were going up that way at night but for other types of pleasure.. Wed defo be interested in sorting something in the new year now for open mic nights. Just looking for a venue. Stables does it in UL alright but I dont know what night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I know that quote was put up a while back but the Lulus thing never took off the ground. People were going up that way at night but for other types of pleasure.. Wed defo be interested in sorting something in the new year now for open mic nights. Just looking for a venue. Stables does it in UL alright but I dont know what night

Monday Night in Stables, not too sure what time, round the 9pm-ish mark I think.

Advertisement