Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swapping/changing drops for straight

• 18-09-2011 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello, I have a Trek 1.2 about a year and half old. I don't make use of the drops as it's mostly in the city. I'd like flats for better reach of the brakes..
    Any opinions, ideas or maybe swaps welcome
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

if you dont use/like the drops then by all means swapping to flats is a good idea.But you will need diff brake levers and diff shifters along with bars and maybe stem,all of this brand new wont be really cheap,keep an eye on cycling adverts etc

you will also need diff cables

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

I recently did opposite so have the flat bars, shifters, brake levers etc lying around. If you Google giant rapid 1 2010 you'll get the specs etc. No idea whatsoever what these things are worth but you can have them for a fair price, whatever that may be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

I recently did opposite so have the flat bars, shifters, brake levers etc lying around. If you Google giant rapid 1 2010 you'll get the specs etc. No idea whatsoever what these things are worth but you can have them for a fair price, whatever that may be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

just put a pair of cyclocross brake levers on the top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Davidla

This is all great. I'll check out both. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Davidla

If you still have the parts that would be great. Is €50 reasonable? Where are you based? bar, bar ends shifters and brake levers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

What size is your Trek 1.2?

I've been thinking of swapping/selling my Giant Rapid 4 for a Road bike.
    Year and a half old. Size M/L. I'm 5f 11.

Advertisement