Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get labels - any recommendations?

Options
  • 18-09-2011 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I thought I may get more response here than in Arts&crafts.

I make candles and sell at craft fairs, but I'd like to get labels - the type that you'd have on jam jars.

Is there anyone who would do small quantities - under 200?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

I have a Dymo labelwriter for printing address labels. I would hazard a guess that you could buy fancy coloured labels instead of the plain white labels I use. These printers are dead handy and you can print whatever you want from your PC in whatever qty you want. I'm sure you can do nice templates and artwork as well with a few minutes work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

My employers have used |Munster Labels in the past .:

http://www.goldenpages.ie/munster-labels-ltd-mallow/1/

But theer are software programmes out there , where you can design your own labels and print onto Avery sheets from your local stationery office .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

any company that does signs should be able to do labels for you in short runs - but expect it to cost about €70-€100 for the batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 goeast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

I have a Dymo labelwriter for printing address labels. I would hazard a guess that you could buy fancy coloured labels instead of the plain white labels I use. These printers are dead handy and you can print whatever you want from your PC in whatever qty you want. I'm sure you can do nice templates and artwork as well with a few minutes work.

+1 on this it will be cheaper in the long run to buy your own printer.

Also being able to print your own labels in a short space of time and not having to rely on a third party will save you a lot of heart ache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ir555

+1 on the A4 Avery Sheets.. Any Stationery shop will stock them...

some samples here on link below - can even get nice round ones... a bit of experimentation with the layout and printing and you will be idenpendently printing your own..

will also allow you to make several versions or even custom lablels easily..

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/Labels/Addressing-Labels/_/best-used-for-marketing-branding/?N=4294967290+4294963160

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

It also depends on how you wnat your product to look.

If its a homemade product for selling at a farmers market, then homemade labels printed on a home printer will suffice and even more suitable than a professional label.

If its something you hope to get into the retail market though local stores / samples to multiples, then a professional label will be better.

alpack.ie in stillorgan who do jars for jam, also do short-run labels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

A thermal printer should print labels that do not fade.a home inkjet may not suffice.

Advertisement