Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario 3D Land

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i havent played the ds version so I dunno what its like but mario kart snes, 64, double dash and wii all had a pretty good sensation of speed so it's a reasonable complaint to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

EDIT: Seems the review has been taken down on NWR. But I am sure there are other reviews floating around...

Just read my first (no spoilers) review over on NWR.

Sounds brilliant for a portable Mario game. Day 1 buy for me!
    Anyone else getting it?

Are there any shops around dublin doing per-order special with the game or anything like that?
    Hope its no more than €45.99, that is the max I would pay... thats a lie :P

Yay Mario!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Definitely.That, Zelda and UMVSC3 all released on the same day. Time to start scrimping. I heard from Nintendo life that if you pre-order it from Game you get a free Mario pouch, the same with Mario Kart 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Happy with Joystiq's review too. Looking forward to it. :)

I'm going to move this to the Games forum for general discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Are there any shops around dublin doing per-order special with the game or anything like that?
    Hope its no more than €45.99, that is the max I would pay... thats a lie :P

That seems a bit high to pay for a 3DS game. I have it pre-ordered on Amazon for €34.77.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

/\/ollog wrote: »
    They're Go-Karts, not f1 racing cars.

Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart Wii gave a brilliant feel and sensation of speed. Especially on the Wii. On some courses you would fly along at breakneck speed. It's important in a racing game. MK DS did feel a little slow at times. I would agree with him.

That seems a bit high to pay for a 3DS game. I have it pre-ordered on Amazon for €34.77.

yeah I know, but in Game and gamestop most 3ds games are prices at €45, no wonder no one is buying them. HMV are always cheaper.

Bag pouch with pre orders? thats kinda mah. I hear everywhere else in the world are getting all sorts and we get a crap bag. Oh well.

Cant wait it!

Wont be getting Zelda the same day. Kinda sick of Zelda at the moment, overload. So will get that at xmas or the new year, dont think they will run out of copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Definately picking this up - great month altogether [Sonic and Mario within weeks.... :)]

Eurogamer's review is pretty gushing about the game (and I'm intrigued about the idea of a
    mystery second campaign that's much harder and more than doubles the length of the game
    ).

IGN were pretty positive too (
    !)

Day 1 for me. I'm beginning to wonder if the early reviews actually got to see the second half of the game, or if they were just eager to be the first out with (incomplete) reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Oh wow. I kinda wish there were a few weeks between this and Skyward Sword!

• Advertisement

Bump.

So can anyone tell me the best/cheapest place in bricks and morter Dublin to pick up Mario tomorrow? I am not buy via internetz.

Whats the avg price point for the game?

I'd say €40 will be the average. Expect HMV to be a few quid less, and Gamestop to be a few quid more.

Do HMV have any extras with the game? I saw GAME are giving away 1, ONE fridge magnet with each game, pretty crap extra. And others say above that there is a Mario plush hat or a bag or something with the game.

In the US or Oz they are getting a Mario Tanooki key ring! its only small but, WANT!!!!!!!!

God I cant wait to get this!

€45 in Gamestop.... I checked at lunchtime.
    It's almost a given that it will be cheaper elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Mr E wrote: »
    €45 in Gamestop.... I checked at lunchtime.
    It's almost a given that it will be cheaper elsewhere.

Its cheaper on their website €35.

In the US or Oz they are getting a Mario Tanooki key ring! its only small but, WANT!!!!!!!!

I too would like a Tanooki Mario keyring...to eBay!

Mr. K wrote: »
    I too would like a Tanooki Mario keyring...to eBay!

Ha! Yeah you could do that but I want it for paying for the game in a shop not from ebay :D

Wonder why people are not as excited on getting this. Guess Skyrim, Skyward, and all the other amazing releases happening this weekend are taking away from it, and cause its a hand held.

Girl I work with is refusing to buy it cause its not a 2d Mario game :confused:. I told her I will give her a shot of SM3DL next week and I'm sure Ninty will make a new 2D 3DS Mario in 3D for the likes of her in teh coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just got an email to say my order has dispatched from Amazon. I'd say it will arrive on Monday.

Ha! Yeah you could do that but I want it for paying for the game in a shop not from ebay :D

I checked it out on eBay. It's nice, but there's no way I'm paying €10 for it! Free seems like a more appropriate price.
    Wonder why people are not as excited on getting this. Guess Skyrim, Skyward, and all the other amazing releases happening this weekend are taking away from it, and cause its a hand held.

I'd say it's a combination of factors. We take Mario games for granted, handheld stuff rarely gets much attention and the 3DS isn't too popular!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mr. K wrote: »
    I'd say it's a combination of factors. We take Mario games for granted, handheld stuff rarely gets much attention and the 3DS isn't too popular!

Ya, definitely. Also there's not much to talk about, since it's basically the same game and mechanics for the last gazillion years! I wonder if there's more new suits beyond
    the Tanooki suit and Koopa suit
    in the game. Same plot, perfect controls, not much discussion needed!

I'm not sure what the cross market is for owners of both Wii and 3DS, but we've had two 3D (Galaxy) games and one 2D (NSMBWii) game, so personally I'm burnt out on Mario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is this any good? dont have much for the 3ds would be nice to be able to pick up a game for it

So, whats the best price around the shops?

Anyone bought it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Its €42.99 in HMV anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Hi folks,
    Are the 3Ds's region locked? according to Wiki the games are different from region to region to allow for voice/accents and game ratings but doe anyone know if I can put a European game into a US DS?

I'm moving to the states in a few months, but if I pick up a US model I'd like to be able to use the existing DS games that I have already without having to fire up the other DSi.

They are a fair bit cheaper at the moment in the states.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

They're region locked. Your better of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I don't whana look like an idiot, but is it out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Best place to buy Super Mario in town would probably be Smyths, it's €35.99 with the loyalty card until Thursday. If you don't have the card, you can just ask them to sign you up there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

I don't whana look like an idiot, but is it out already?

Came out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ollie1 wrote: »
    Came out today.

So good? Or dumbed down game for 3-5 year olds?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

when has a legit mario game ever been dumbed down for 3-5 year olds? ever?

Advertisement