Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario 3D Land

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Helix wrote: »
    when has a legit mario game ever been dumbed down for 3-5 year olds? ever?

Lest one on ds?

I might have sounded a bit harsh. What I mean is: is it has a challenge for a gamer or is it more of a game to your children then yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

super mario bros. ds wasnt a kids game to be fair. any mario game can be completed handy enough, its completing it right that's the tricky bit

for the record, im still waiting on my review copy, which i would hope will arrive today, but what ive played of this i didnt rate it at all. mainly due to the 3ds being a piece of crap for controlling 3d games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Finished the first world in no time and got all the big coins bar one. It's a good game, I just hope it gets harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It does. I can't say when because it's a big spoiler, but you're in for a pleasant surprise.

Gt trailers gave a good review to it.

Is it a rip off 45eu in GameStop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Gt trailers gave a good review to it.

Is it a rip off 45eu in GameStop?

It's only €35.99 in Smyths, haven't got it yet but I'd say it's well worth it going by most of the reviews, this and Mario Kart 7 are must-have 3DS titles this Christmas.

There are not a single smith shop in my area :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Are there others who are really miffed that handheld games are almost the full cost of console games? Surely they're half the production time and staff?

I think you're putting them in the same group as Cut The Rope and Angry Birds.... €0.79 vs. €40. No doubt SM3DL had a huge team working on it.

Mr E wrote: »
    I think you're putting them in the same group as Cut The Rope and Angry Birds.... €0.79 vs. €40. No doubt SM3DL had a huge team working on it.

Relative to eg Super Mario Galaxy 1-2; would it have the same or much less staff.

I think these belters of handheld games (Mario, Zelda) are the obvious exception to the rule;like the budget Aliens DS title was €40 in GAME :mad: it's like $20 in the states :eek::mad:. Like aren't most DS titles around the €40 mark but nowhere as near the dev time/staff as console games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I've finished the first world and it really is an incredible experience. It's the killer app for the 3DS. Slightly disappointed that there's only about six levels per world but I've heard rumours that there's more than eight worlds, and that's plenty for a hand held Mario. I felt compelled to collect every single special coin in each level.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Are there others who are really miffed that handheld games are almost the full cost of console games? Surely they're half the production time and staff?

This is Mario so you will always pay top dollar, and I reckon this game will be a console seller.

Going for all star coins before I move on from a level (some are really tricky to find, yeah I'm talking to you, Coin 3 on 2-2) but this is a brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

It's only €35.99 in Smyths, haven't got it yet but I'd say it's well worth it going by most of the reviews, this and Mario Kart 7 are must-have 3DS titles this Christmas.

Feck, missed that and picked it up at full price in gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Me too! 45 blips! But I got a 3ds mario cover thing from GAME.

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    Feck, missed that and picked it up at full price in gamestop.

Would it be too cheeky to buy it in Smyths as well and return the new unopened copy to Gamestop with your gamestop receipt? Or do they only give store credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got my copy for only €33 on Amazon. That is a lot cheaper than most PS3 or 360 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Would it be too cheeky to buy it in Smyths as well and return the new unopened copy to Gamestop with your gamestop receipt? Or do they only give store credit?

AFAIK you should have no problems returning it to gamestop provided that you have proof of purchase and the game is sealed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Oh, that would be bold!

So how are we all getting on in the game?

I love it so far! Past the
    dont know if its a spoiler but, past the first 8 worlds and onto the pipe world and have Luigi to play now too!
    :D

Have got most of the stars so far, just a few I just cant find yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I bought this for my six year old son. Will he be able to play it?

He'll love it. You'll have a blast too. :)

Started the second half of the game last night (being deliberately vague here). Delighted with the direction it took. This game is really superb and packed full of content and challenge.

silvine wrote: »
    I bought this for my six year old son. Will he be able to play it?

Yeah, he'll love it. Just PLEASE turn off the 3D effect - it's not safe for children under 7. I wouldn't risk accomodation development for a videogame.

Yeah, he'll love it. Just PLEASE turn off the 3D effect - it's not safe for children under 7. I wouldn't risk accomodation development for a videogame.

Rubbish

Rubbish

thanks for the informative, considered response.

Did my own research, I wasn't aware that basically there's been a 180; turns out it's safe. Phew!

thanks for the informative, considered response.

Did my own research, I wasn't aware that basically there's been a 180; turns out it's safe. Phew!

You welcome :rolleyes:
    Its been talked to death all over the net and here, google is your friend an all that, as you can see.

But wasn't this the reason the console was rated 7+ ??

Anyway, I just bought one about an hour ago, this and Mario Kart 7 are the games I had to have. Haven't even turned it on yet!

Karsini wrote: »
    But wasn't this the reason the console was rated 7+ ??

Anyway, I just bought one about an hour ago, this and Mario Kart 7 are the games I had to have. Haven't even turned it on yet!

Ninty put that on the box of the system so parents will buy it for their kids at xmas, but in all truth, the 3d effect can help with eye development and Ninty know this. But some people dont. All about money at the end of the (christmas)day.

Ah, man your going to love it! And the eshop is starting to take off now too. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Wait. What? It is safe for my 5 year old daughter so ?

Advertisement