Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asked for ID in BnQ when buying WD40.....

• 18-09-2011 11:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and my girlfriend where out in BnQ,Airside Swords yesterday afternoon having a look around.

I bought a small can of WD-40.
    When I scanned it through the self service checkout machine,the machine said that it needed proof of age.:eek:

A staff member came over and asked me if I had ID on me,before she would key in a code that would let the machine scan the WD-40 through.

I thought it was very funny and stupid at the same time though.

Since when is there an age limit on buying a can of WD-40??????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Post your photo, you might get an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 yobgod

the name 40 wd 40
    lol you will need id/finger print scan to buy anything soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

aujopimur wrote: »
    Post your photo, you might get an answer.

Im in my 30,s,Im a fully grown man,and not a little kid though.

I found it funny though,that I was asked for ID.

My girlfriend says that I should take it as a compliment,in that I obviously dont look "that old" (her words).:pac:

But I wonder why is there is an age restriction set/warning into the checkout machine on buying a can of WD-40 though????????:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Yes, but what do you look like ?

aujopimur wrote: »
    Yes, but what do you look like ?

Its nothing to do what I look like,and you are missing the point completely.

For the record,Im mid 30s but more like mid 20s
    Decent well presented chap who was with my girlfriend and daughter in BnQ having a look around.

The machine didnt ask for proof of ID when I scanned through a packet of 45mm wood screws though.

So obviuosly theres a reason why BnQ feel the need to programme a warning into the scanning machine for WD-40.

Im just wondering what is the reason or reasons???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

paddy147 wrote: »
    Its nothing to do what I look like,and you are missing the point completely.

For the record,Im mid 30s but more like mid 20s.
    Decent well presented chap who was with my girlfriend and daughter in BnQ having a loom around.

The machine didnt ask for proof of ID when I scanned through a packet of 45mm wood screws though.

So obviuosly theres a reason why BnQ feel the need to programme a warning into the scanning machine for WD-40.

Im just wondering what is the reason or reasons???

Solvent abuse. Legally you cant sell a puncture repair kit to a child either because of the glue.

kona wrote: »
    Solvent abuse. Legally you cant sell a puncture repair kit to a child either because of the glue.

Ah right,never thought of that.

I never knew that about a puncture repait kit either.

Funny little world that we live in today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

They must of thought you looked the type to do something like that Paddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Funny little world that we live in today.

You can thank all the Darwin award winners for that! it's madness.

They must of thought you looked the type to do something like that Paddy.

Yep,that must have been it Fred,thats the best and only explanation you can think of..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yep,that must have been it Fred,thats the best and only explanation you can think of..:rolleyes:

You clearly got out of the humurless side of the bed this morning Paddy. It was a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

This has been around for years, I remember getting a puncture on the way to school in the 90's and during lunch break I went down to the local bike shop to get a puncture repair kit. The fewker wouldn't sell the kit to me, I was raging as I pushed my bike all the way home that day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

solvent abuse, questions would get asked if you bought a few cans of air freshner too probably. also like in tesco you can only buy 2 paracetamol products or whatever.

ok that was a machine thing but sometimes I think some people just take the piss when asking for ID to give them a boost in their boring wee shift. I'm 28 and don't look 28 but look older than 18 or 20 or whatever. 1 shop in particular always would sell me cigs but then one day asked me for ID infront of a queue full of people to do the lottery! which would mean I would have to be under 16. Clearly just a piss take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Just some info on wd 40 . the wd stands for water displacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Just some info on wd 40 . the wd stands for water displacement

Indeed, and the 40 relates to the 40th time they tried the product out and found this mix worked - Hence WD-40. I've got my geek on today. :D

Advertisement