Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Letter confirming grant - where do I go with it?

• 18-09-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

My son has just received a letter from the local authority confirming that he will receive a higher education grant from them this year. The letter says that he must give the letter "to the appropriate office" so that that office can invoice the local authority for the registration fee and pay the maintenance part of the grant into an account for him, care of the college.

Can anybody, please, tell me where he should go with this letter?

He has just started in first year and is not fully familiar with the place yet.

And, no, I'm not molly-coddling him - he works the weekends and I'm just helping out.

I must say his first impressions of UCC are very positive. He particularly says that Murphys is far superior to Guinness and now that I know he has his priorities sorted I can set my mind at ease.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Aoi

Fees and Grants office in the West Wing

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

Many thanks, Aoi. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Black dog may i ask when your son applied for the grant? I rang cork co council and they wouldn't tell me what applications they were currently processing! I would like to know to get an idea of when my grant might come through thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Aoi wrote: »
    Fees and Grants office in the West Wing

Fee and Grants is in the North Wing. Upstairs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Black dog may i ask when your son applied for the grant? I rang cork co council and they wouldn't tell me what applications they were currently processing! I would like to know to get an idea of when my grant might come through thanks!

From my own experience with Cork Co Council, it can be quite slow - they will never say what ones they are currently doing, but they work from the first ones in, so the earlier that it was in, the faster it will be dealt with

• Advertisement

Confused 2011,

My son applied to Waterford City Council in early July and received a letter during the last week informing him that he would be getting a grant.
    The application was in as soon as possible and was the second one received at their offices so that would mean it was dealt with earlier than those received later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Thanks black dog I presumed it was cork co council! I'll sit tight and wait for mine!

Best of luck with it. It certainly was a great relief when the letter arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Quick question, I'm in my third year of College. I got a letter in May/June and that was filled out and sent back. I then sent my results to my grant awarding authority, I've heard nothing yet, Is that the same for everyone(reapplying)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Aoi

x43r0 wrote: »
    Fee and Grants is in the North Wing. Upstairs

No wonder it always takes me ages to find it >.<

• Advertisement
Advertisement