Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleckvieh "versus" British Friesan Milking Cows

Options
  • 18-09-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi, this is my first thread so i am totally new to this. I am just starting the process of setting up a 40-50 cow unit for milking (changing over from suckling) and want to finish all calves to beef - so basically a beef and milk enterprise. My farm was my family dairy farm up until 10 years ago (milking british friesan) so most of the infrastructure, sheds etc is in place and in very good shape - just need to upgrade parlour.
    My question to all you guys is regarding Fleckvieh cows (fullblood Simmental). My dairy advisor has told me they would suit me best for milk and beef, but i still personally would tend to go the British Friesan route if i knew where to source good young ones. Any ideas/views on both breeds????

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement