Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move over FSD, RxE is here!

Options
  • 18-09-2011 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

A pictures worth a thousand words so heres a little view of whats going on now.

Now, on to a few things. First, RxE is the new direction of Freestyle Dash. While RxE is a complete overhaul/rebranding of the previous dash, it still has all the great features you know and love from FSD. The RxE reincarnations of these features have all been recoded, redesigned, rethought to achieve a fast, clean, stable, and exciting experience. The Real Xbox Experience.

Below is a preview of some features:
    --- Kinect Gesture and Voice integration
    RxE has full support for the kinect sensor. Skeletal tracking and voice recognition
    will allow you to navigate the dash with just your hands and/or your voice.
    --- Private Messaging linked to TeamFSD.com
    Send messages to your friends, view your TeamFSD.com contacts, share your avatars
    and even video chat. Private messaging is a communication hub for all
    TeamFSD.com members
    --- CoverFlow
    The game list has been redesigned using the popular coverflow layout. In addition
    to coverflow, we're providing many other layout types, like bookshelf, catalog, and
    RxeFlow- a spin off of the old FSDFlow game list layout. Beyond that, users
    will be able to create their own layouts and share them.
    --- Brand New Menu System
    The new menu system is 100% dynamic, 100% configurable. You want your menu
    to consist of 1 icon that leads to Xbox 360 Games, then go for it. You want your
    most recent game to be the default selection, then go for it. The possibilities
    are endless with the new menu system.
    --- Rip DVD To God
    Not only can you rip your games from DVD as an extracted package, you can also rip your
    games straight to GOD if you want to have access to them NXE as well.
    --- Faster File Transfers
    The file manager has been recoded and redesigned. File Operations approximately 10
    times faster to both internal HDDs and USB drives.

More features and screenshots will be released in the coming weeks and hope everyone looks forward to this release as much as we do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Saw this article myself yesterday, looks very good i have to say!

Any ETA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Looks like a work in progress I'd say sometime in 2012, very impressive stuff loving the coverflow effect :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Any ETA?

Decebruary 32nd I believe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

EnterNow wrote: »
    Decebruary 32nd I believe :D

I heard Octember... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I heard Octember... ;)

2:05 in the video, presumably they mean "you's will get it when it's good & ready" kinda thing. Looks great, & again the 360 homebrew scene showing how its done.

You have to love the Xbox360...even in its official state it does everythng right. Modified, the options are even better.

The PS3, on the other hand, is as dull modified as it is when you take it outta the box. The XMB needs to go!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement