Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pram suit or a foot muff?

• 18-09-2011 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi

Getting ready for winter I was almost buying a pram suit for my 5 month old. However Im wondering if a foot muff for the our Phil & Ted Vibe would be a better investment? Im thinking about Winter if it gets as bad as last year. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

I find the foot-muff brilliant, my son is so cosy in it and it can come right up to under his neck. So I'd usually just put a hoody or a fleece & hat on him. I have a bugaboo and got one of there own foot-muffs. It was one of my best buys. I actually didn't get a huge amount of use out of pram suits, as I had the maxi cosi car seat and also had the foot-muff for that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We used both the last 2 winters because we were out in it every day.
    The snow suit is definitely better if it is a one or the other situation and about 20% the price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I reckon it depends on how long you're going to be out for. I usually had my wee fella in and out of the buggy the whole time, so he wouldn't be in it for hours. I found this muff great as he had regular clothes on underneath so there wasn't a big strip every time I went inside. It was €20 in TKMaxx, no way would I have paid full price for it! It'll do the next one as well.

However, if I was out for a long walk and he would be in the buggy the whole time, I used a M&S snowsuit I got as a present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

i used both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Thanks for that.

Was thinking of getting the Wallaboo footmuff. Im going to get the big one too as shes a big lady and reckon at that price it will be a good investment as it should do for a few years.

Im always out and about walking so maybe both will have to be purchased. Ill check TK Maxx too :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement