Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cost to forward an online skype number to Irish mobile?

• 18-09-2011 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

hi folks, does anyone know whats the best skype package to forward online skype numbers to an Irish Mobile?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

LH2011 wrote: »
    hi folks, does anyone know whats the best skype package to forward online skype numbers to an Irish Mobile?

thanks

I presume you mean voip when you refer to skype? I will compare both :) ...

VoiP technology is what Skype uses, you may be aware of SIP protocol which connects through iP (eg goldfish, rynga/betamox companies etc), I'm not getting into it but its phone over the internet. VoiP is particularly useful in your case. Skype doesn't generally use SIP but if you go with a sip provider your not as limited to what equipment you can use. Many providers including blueface allows you to connect an ip phone, ata or software on your PC to a virtual phone line and at the same time have your incoming phone number forward to your mobile and/or your ip device/ata/pc and whichever answers first gets it.

Take a look over at www.blueface.ie, they offer competitive rates to forward to mobiles and landlines. When you topup by say €5, €10, €20 whatever, you get an 076 telephone number that is charged at local rate, but most phone companies charge extra to this number. Blueface also give you 50 minutes to irish mobiles for €6.99 for residential customers (€14.99 100 mins for business customers). 2c forwarding charge and 2c minimum charge. Geographic numbers are 9.99€ for residential which includes 300 minutes to a few landlines countries). Calls to 076 are free.

Goldfish.ie are a new enough provider (and have been criticised for its address being a home). They are priced excluding vat: €2.50 per geographic number, phone system features include music on hold while ringing, closed time messages etc. 20c per minute peak, 15c per minute offpeak for calls to mobiles. 1.8 c per minute peak to landlines.

Skype do not offer geographic numbers in Ireland as far as I'm aware, there are forwarding and number provider companies but that will get complicated.. Skype I think have a monthly charge on 076 numbers which again are charged at local rate.

Good luck!

If you've any problems, post back here.
    FYI: I haven't any relation to the above companies other then being as customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Goldfish.ie are a new enough provider (and have been criticised for its address being a home).

If you see post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74501309&postcount=6 where a Goldfish rep responded to say that its registered address may be a home address they in fact do have an office address in Bray.

Skype do offer geographic numbers in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick and Waterford but of course you are supposed to resident in those counties to get one (Comreg rules) as well as the VoIP 076 range that anyone can have

Advertisement