Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So we're all Ireland champions!..

Options
  • 18-09-2011 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Where were YOU when we won the 2011 all Ireland football championships?.

Me, driving down the M50 to work when the final whistle went.. Suddenly everyone is blowing their horns, flashing their headlights and an African taxi driver beside me at the Blanch exit waving at me with the biggest smile on his face and his cab decked out in Dublin flags :D

Any good stories, how were the celebrations where you were?.

What a way to win!.

Keep this civil and have the craic please, no slagging off Kerry (much) and no taking pot shots at the GAA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Me, driving down the M50 to work when the final whistle went.. Suddenly everyone is blowing their horns, flashing their headlights and an African taxi driver beside me at the Blanch exit waving at me with the biggest smile on his face and his cab decked out in Dublin flags :D

What a way to win!.

Keep this civil and have the craic please, no slagging off Kerry (much) and no taking pot shots at the GAA.

I was listening on radio myself up the dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Sitting on me couch with a large mug of tea, screaming at the tv. When Cluxton pointed the free, I jumped up 033.gifand the tea went everywhere.......ah well it could have been worse....I could have been on the high stool with a nice creamy glass of Guinness in me hand.

Congrats to the Dubs 091.gif
    Just wish I'd booked tomorrow evening off work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Roaring in a Claregalway hotel, beside some Kerry supporters. Wishing I was in Dublin.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I'm a Sligonian in exile here but I'm absolutely thrilled for Dublin!

It's my first time living in Dub for All-Ireland Sunday so decided to meet my sister in Drumcondra to watch the game in Fagan's. Don't have a Dub jersey but decided to wear my home club's one which is the same colours. When I met my sister and she saw it she wasn't too impressed as she was cheering Kerry but at the end of it all she was delighted for ye too.

A hearty WELL DONE to the Dublin team, you thoroughly deserved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

On the couch in the in laws house looking through my fingers at Cluxton taking the free... was too nervous to watch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Off topic posts deleted... Don't bother... Now lets enjoy the celebrations and have the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Congrats!

Not a Dub myself but lived here since leaving England when I was 18 so feel I have a link to the city over the last 7 years. Great for GAA for Dublin to win. Great game and cracking end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

:o Stayed in my bed all day,no way was i going out anywhere, to nervous. still here now and its a great feeling :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 joanne30

Just left croke park the feeling in there is unreal...what a day

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭keithm1

What a man that cluxton lad is nerves of steel ,congrats to the whole Dublin team ,please god cluxton gets player of the year it couldn't be more fitting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Watched it at home it my Dad, a former Dub player. Absolutely delighted! Was there in '95, but couldn't make it along today.. Brilliant match!

Side note: on topic - Where did cluxton disappear to? He went straight down the tunnel, and did not reemerge? I only noticed as it was on TV, prob would not have seen if I was there. Strange that he did not hand around!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i was in wicklow at 1 year olds birthday party - only found out the score at around 8pm tonight driving past Fagans

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Was at my desk at work trying to solve a crisis over the telephone and trying to get a glimpse of the game at the same time.

Well done lads! :)

(Seems more significant this time compared to '95 and '83).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Watched it at home it my Dad, a former Dub player. Absolutely delighted! Was there in '95, but couldn't make it along today.. Brilliant match!

Side note: on topic - Where did cluxton disappear to? He went straight down the tunnel, and did not reemerge? I only noticed as it was on TV, prob would not have seen if I was there. Strange that he did not hand around!

My brother said the same thing, I didn't notice myself. He just went off and had a shower and came back out when everything was starting to die down! Goalkeepers = nuts
    But WHAT a man. Magic scenes in the city yesterday. Glad I paid the 80 quid to go to it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

What a way to win!.

Superb. I was there and boy did I enjoy the night out after it. Oh it's good to be a Dub!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Apparently he was all choked up and didn't wanna be seen, it was all too much for him. He's my hero!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Upper Cusack Section 702 Row J Dancing a Jig

Super Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Old Trafford watching United beat Chelsea when they announced it over the tannoy for any Irish fans there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Was busy celebrating Tipp as All Ireland Champions too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

sittin in paddy cullens with a rake load of dubs. Barman suggested we change the name of the pub to Stephen Cluxton's.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Having a beer in Switzerland getting the score updates on my phone.

BTW - Ye are all invited to the 'real' party in Skerries later this evening. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

On a train back from Galway. I was on my smartphone constantly refreshing RTE. It said Kerry were ahead by one but some old fogey ahead of me kept saying, "that's it, the Dubs have won."

I wanted to tell him to stfu but my page refreshing slowly updated the scores and it turns out the updates were a couple of minutes behind.

Sorry Sir :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i was in work, the atmosphere was electric and the pub was jammers. i never enjoyed work so much!
    well done to the lads and roll on next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

He's just a shy bloke, and doesnt like the media attention. I guess everyone celebrates in different ways, and maybe he just wanted the moment to himself.

I was in Croke Park, Cusack stand. Am a Limerick supporter, but was delighted to see Dublin winning. Atmosphere was electric, and couldn't help dance and clap along to 'I gotta feeling' when they were doing the lap of honour.

I live just off Dorset Street so was in the middle of the bedlam last night. It was like being at a festival, everyone dancing and drinking in the open air. I walked all the way from Dorset street to top of O'connell street with a pint in my hand.
    VW 1 wrote: »
    Old Trafford watching United beat Chelsea when they announced it over the tannoy for any Irish fans there

No way,didnt think they would announce that at an english soccer event!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭fj1200

Was on the Hill! Atmosphere was just amazing. Probably the best game I was ever at. Only got a ticket at 2.00pm yesterday. Couldn't believe my luck. Up The Dubs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Absolutely delighted for the Dubs, as everyone I spoke to back in Mayo is. It's nice to see Kerry get a beating you did us a favour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Was out on the streets working as a Lockhard since 10:30 that morning, it's been years since I felt such a buzz around an All Ireland! I was watching the match around the corner from Croker in my mates house - he'd been doing the parking too... I was totally caught up in the hype. Didn't hit coppers though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

panda100 wrote: »
    No way,didnt think they would announce that at an english soccer event!

Yeh, in fairness though they know they have thousand of Irish fans going over every week, they announced the results of the 3 o clock sunday kick offs too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I was on the hill and I'll never ever forget it. Amazing.

edit: not my video, just found it on you tube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fairplay to the Dubs, they showed real courage to come back and win it and well Cluxton, some man with some nerve. It's days like that I wish I wasn't brought up as a Westmeath supporter!:(

On a side but sour note, it's going to be disappointing that the Dubs won't get crowds like that supporting them till next September, which is sad as they deserve more.

Advertisement