Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TURNIT iN PLAGARISM

• 18-09-2011 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all,
    Im a UCC student working on my thesis, how can I access TURNITIN does anybody know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Through Blackboard? Contact your lecturer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ms.Bond

Hi
    So contacted my lecturer, the course leader, I asked him was there a turnitin open for the thesis and he just said no it is not used for the thesis!!

Does this mean that UCC dont check thesis for plagarism,find that strange!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ms.Bond wrote: »
    Hi
    So contacted my lecturer, the course leader, I asked him was there a turnitin open for the thesis and he just said no it is not used for the thesis!!

Does this mean that UCC dont check thesis for plagarism,find that strange!!

They have other ways of checking it for plagurism!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

A thesis is usually in the supervisor's area of special interest and there is usually only a fairly limited amount of sources out there. So, you can detect plagiarism a mile off without software.

In more obscure areas, it'd be almost impossible to plagiarise !

Advertisement