Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neighborgoods.net

Options
  • 18-09-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

This was mentioned already in the Biz forums already, but - if it's ok with moderators - we thought it might be ok to mention it here as well.

neighborgoods.net is essentially an internet-mediated sharing platform; i.e. it facilitates the sharing of physical items such as tools, books, etc.. Goods can be shared either for free (e.g. with your friends), or for a rental fee. One can also request a deposit as a form of collateral when lending. As a further form of security, members can opt to share only with "verified" neighbors - i.e. those who have verified their address and identity for a nominal fee of $5.
    NeighborGoods is a safe community where you can save money and resources by sharing stuff with your friends. Need a ladder? Borrow it from your neighbor. Have a bike collecting dust in your closet? Lend it out and make a new friend.

I mention it here because the Dublin contingent has increased in size recently, but the numbers are still fairly small, and there isn't much activity. I just thought it would be good to see something like this take off over here (it's a US-based initiative which only reached here recently).

Advertisement