Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pooper Scooping compulsory?

Options
  • 18-09-2011 7:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever heard or know of someone who was fined for failing to pick up their dog's dirty sinful business in galway?
    In the last few days, I've managed to get some excreted canine contents on the impeccable derriere of my shoes and walked into the house before I realised. I think a new dog has moved into my area and wants it to be known..

I thought the Council had passed bye-laws making pooper-scooping compulsory but have never heard it enforced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

It is compulsory to pick up one's dog's waste.

Nearly everyone I know with dogs just use small plastic bags rather than pooper scoopers.

I have never known anyone to be fined for not picking up their dog's waste.

Part of my garden is exclusively the dog's toilet. I have, on more than one occasion, stepped on the waste - it usually happens when I'm mowing the lawn and didn't pick up every poo before commencing the mowing.

On such occasions, I use an old toothbrush and hot water (from a running tap) to remove the poo from the crevices of my boots. I disinfect the toothbrush afterwards and put it back into my cleaning equipment holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeh Henry St and Lower Dominic St can be atrocious for dog poo sometimes, when I was studying in Scotland and visiting my sister in Dundee and my brother in Dunblane, both areas strictly enforced the dog poop law, fifty pound fine if not obeyed, doesnt look like much enforcement is happening in Galway. We need to start pressuring some TDs.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

TD's - National Issues
    City Councilors - City Issues

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

On such occasions, I use an old toothbrush and hot water (from a running tap) to remove the poo from the crevices of my boots. I disinfect the toothbrush afterwards and put it back into my cleaning equipment holder.

Phew! As I was reading that I thought you were going to say you put it back in the bathroom... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Trust me the worst thing is to clear your lawn of poo & then start cutting your hedge. Next you tread in the one poo that you missed & climb the ladder. Within a few minutes you will have poo on every rung of the ladder, on your hands & all over the front of your clothes.

As you are cursing you see your own dogs smiling through the patio door !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I spy a missive in the Advertiser today echoing my disgust. Maybe it's the time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

Millstreet is awful bad for it. I reckon it's the same ballix not picking it up everytime. Massive ****, looks like they belong to a feckin bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I cannot help but sing 'super trouper' in my head evey time I see this thread!

*dropped as a child, so I was*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Quite simply it's time for it to be enforced. It was all very well before I had children. Now I think of it in terms of toxocariasis not just a disgusting stink caused by irresponsible dog owners.

People need to be made examples of. I like dogs but it's utterly appaling that people let their dogs **** everywhere. Even today I pushed my kid away from dog **** outside his school.

We are too easygoing about stuff like this. Next time I see a dog owner allow their dog to defile the area. They will get an earful. It doesn't help that the doggie poo bag dispensers are left empty.

It isn't just an annoyance, it's dangerous.

Advertisement