Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay 2012 Tour

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Alternative rock icons Coldplay have revealed that they’re going to wait to see fan’s reactions to their new album ‘Mylo Xyloto’ before scheduling any kind of tour – suggesting there would be an excursion should fans take to the new LP.

Vocalist Chris Martin also went on to say that he didn’t care if the band were considered ‘relevant’ or whether they ‘fit in’, and that the band were just happy to be together making music.

Speaking in an interview with the Rolling Stone, Martin said: “You can't take anything for granted any more. It doesn't matter if you used to be big or used to be famous; you've got to prove yourself all over again.

“We don't have any immediate touring plans. We've just got to wait and see if anyone is interested in listening to the album. I don't really care anymore about being relevant. I'm just happy to be with that group of people.

“We're very fired up and we're very focused and the people who want to enjoy our music, we love them and we welcome them. In terms of where we fit in? I don't care.”

With ‘Mylo Xyloto’ hitting shelves on October 24th, Coldplay will play three December dates including stops at London, Manchester and Glasgow. And, depending on the success of their fifth studio album, more dates could be on the way. If you need tickets to the trio of winter shows, check the dates and details below.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

I read they won't be playing a show in Dublin for their winter tour this year. I guess we will have to wait for the stadium tour. I read the big tour goes on sale not long after the album is on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

http://www.greenislehotel.com/events.html

According to this, they're playing the Aviva on the 16th of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

blue-army wrote: »

Aslo being discussed on this:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5060995

Crap thats one of my Slane predictions gone :p . Ah well im glad they are back missed them at Oxegen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

You'd have thought they'd be playing Croke, I assume it's already booked or something (if the date is true.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Cool, any word on when tickets are going on sale?

You'd have thought they'd be playing Croke, I assume it's already booked or something (if the date is true.)

Would they have sold out Croker? I think the Aviva is perfect size for them and will def sell out , hopefully we get good support like Elbow/White Lies last time

Would they have sold out Croker? I think the Aviva is perfect size for them and will def sell out , hopefully we get good support like Elbow/White Lies last time

I'd say they could sell out Croker.

I think Coldplay could sell the Aviva on their own but I'm still hoping for a good support bill, maybe Snow Patrol?

People say they didn't sell out the Phoenix Park when Elbow and White Lies were supporting but thats different because generally the maximum attendance for a Phoenix Park concert is 120,000, that is a good bit more than 82,300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

karaokeman wrote: »
    I'd say they could sell out Croker.

I think Coldplay could sell the Aviva on their own but I'm still hoping for a good support bill, maybe Snow Patrol?

People say they didn't sell out the Phoenix Park when Elbow and White Lies were supporting but thats different because generally the maximum attendance for a Phoenix Park concert is 120,000, that is a good bit more than 82,300.

There was 40,000 at the Phoenix Park gig.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    There was 40,000 at the Phoenix Park gig.

Ah right i wasnt sure what the attendance was at that gig(i missed out on it) but if it was 40,000 then thats perfect for the Aviva since thats the capacity?????

Maybe we could get someone like Kaiser Chiefs? Their latest album was a massive flop and seem to have droppedd of the radar

ITS MY 4000th POST :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

hi lads, i know its been asked loads of times already but.....if coldplay do play aviva on the 16th of june, when is this likely to be confirmed and when would tickets go on sale?? saw them at oxegen this year and would love to see them again

Maybe we could get someone like Kaiser Chiefs? Their latest album was a massive flop and seem to have droppedd of the radar

Kaiser Chiefs would be good too. Would love to see them, never have but I know from others who saw them that they are great live performers and really know how to get a crowd going.

My money's on Snow Patrol though. Hopefully tickets be going on sale in the next week or so I would imagine.

ondarack wrote: »
    hi lads, i know its been asked loads of times already but.....if coldplay do play aviva on the 16th of june, when is this likely to be confirmed and when would tickets go on sale?? saw them at oxegen this year and would love to see them again

Id say they might announce it this week or maybe a week or 2 because the RHCP gig is onsale on friday. And they will want the RHCP sales to go well . Also they might need to wait till Coldplay offically announce the tour/gig
    karaokeman wrote: »
    Kaiser Chiefs would be good too. Would love to see them, never have but I know from others who saw them that they are great live performers and really know how to get a crowd going.

My money's on Snow Patrol though. Hopefully tickets be going on sale in the next week or so I would imagine.

Yea ive seen Kaiser Chiefs 3 times (Twice at Oxegen and then Marlay Park) and they were great at getting the crowd going. Although looking at their most recent festival slots they seem to have kinda tamed a bit. Still think Snow Patrol will do their own summer gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Razorlight would be class!

Razorlight would be class!

Hopefully not

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ill be buying a ticket when they come to Ireland, but I really hope I won't have to endure an hour of snow patrol crying away on the stage. Or razorlight for that matter. Elbow and white lies were awesome in the phoenix park 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,638 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow I expected them for Croke Park

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wow I expected them for Croke Park

Dont think they would have sold out Croke Park. Maybe if they hadnt done Oxegen this year then id say they would have played Croke Park. Also it seems that there is only 2 or 3 Croke Park gigs a year and 2 spots are gone.
    Im glad they are doing the Aviva so i can finally go to a gig there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Dont think they would have sold out Croke Park. Maybe if they hadnt done Oxegen this year then id say they would have played Croke Park. Also it seems that there is only 2 or 3 Croke Park gigs a year and 2 spots are gone.
    Im glad they are doing the Aviva so i can finally go to a gig there:D

MCD guy told me they won't be playing here until 2013 at the earliest so don't hold your breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

UK summer dates

Good morning. We're very pleased to announce that Coldplay will play five UK stadium shows in summer 2012. The dates are as follows:

MAY
    Tuesday 29 - Coventry Ricoh Stadium

JUNE
    Friday 1 - London Emirates Stadium
    Saturday 2 - London Emirates Stadium
    Thursday 7 - Sunderland Stadium of Light
    Saturday 9 - Manchester Etihad Stadium

Tickets, costing from £49.50, go on sale at 9am on Friday 18th November through gigsandtours.com / 0844 854 1360, ticketmaster.co.uk / 0844 847 2312, ticketline.co.uk / 0844 888 9991, ticketfactory.com / 0844 581 9900.

Id say they are holding off announcing Ireland till MCD reach their target for tickets for RHCP .

Id say they are holding off announcing Ireland till MCD reach their target for tickets for RHCP .

And when's RHCP supposed to play in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

_Lola_ wrote: »
    UK summer dates

Good morning. We're very pleased to announce that Coldplay will play five UK stadium shows in summer 2012. The dates are as follows:

MAY
    Tuesday 29 - Coventry Ricoh Stadium

JUNE
    Friday 1 - London Emirates Stadium
    Saturday 2 - London Emirates Stadium
    Thursday 7 - Sunderland Stadium of Light
    Saturday 9 - Manchester Etihad Stadium

Tickets, costing from £49.50, go on sale at 9am on Friday 18th November through gigsandtours.com / 0844 854 1360, ticketmaster.co.uk / 0844 847 2312, ticketline.co.uk / 0844 888 9991, ticketfactory.com / 0844 581 9900.

Still means they could be playing in the Aviva on June 16th which is what some hotel websites are saying

argentum wrote: »
    Still means they could be playing in the Aviva on June 16th which is what some hotel websites are saying

"More news for those of you in NA and Europe coming soon"
    (from Coldplay website)
    We'll just have to wait...

_Lola_ wrote: »
    And when's RHCP supposed to play in Dublin?

Croke Park in June , tickets onsale since last friday

Due to demand for tickets Coldplay have this morning extended their run of UK stadium shows in Summer 2012, adding a second date in Manchester and a third date in London.

Chris Martin and Co released their new album ‘Mylo Xyloto’ on October 24th and the multi-award winning four-piece will hit the UK's live stage in June 2012 for a handful of Summer stadium shows in Coventry, London, Sunderland and Manchester.

Coldplay 2012 Summer Stadium Shows are as follows:

May 29th - Coventry Ricoh Arena
    June 1st - London Emirates Stadium
    June 2nd - London Emirates Stadium
    June 3rd – London Emirates Stadium – NEW DATE
    June 7th - Sunderland Stadium of Light
    June 9th - Manchester Etihad Stadium
    June 10th – Manchester Etihad Stadium - NEW DATE

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Really hope this is announced in the next few days, sick of waiting.

This Irish date has to be announced sooner rather than later.

I don't think MCD will reach their target for the Chilis with the rate tickets for the Croke Park date are selling.

Also if they wait till after christmas (which is not too long) to announce Coldplay that will affect sales too.

• Advertisement

Unless there is a Oxegen announcement , MCD need to have one big gig announcement to cash in on the X-Mas market . There are also rumours about Lady Gaga show(which they could announce) somewhere outdoors in the summer .

Advertisement